Booing and the Cadets

yes it does

Can we close this thread before I have to explode? Please? I'm REALLY restraining myself here. This royally ###### me off.

yes it does

Wow. Unreal how petty and childish some of you have gotten with this subject.

Maybe last night they weren't booing. Maybe they were Bluuuuing.

I could probably give anybody a run for their money concerning the breadth and depth of my dislike for narration. But I wouldn't boo, anymore than I would boo a high school concert band performance. Cringe, yes. Roll my eyes, yes. Laugh a little at how bush league the narration sounds? Yes. Sigh about the fact that fantastic musicianship is being drowned out by some kid emoting into a microphone? Yes. Bite my tongue? Big time. Stand up at the end? Sure, my butt is sore. Clap? Politely. Cheer? No. Boo? Definitely not.

Perfectly stated, sir. Perfectly.

I couldn't agree more, and only hope I'm lucky enough to be sitting near you rather than some of these other dolts in the future.

Cheers,

Karen

I agree with someone from earlier in that I'm not going to read 50+ pages of posts. I don't like narration and I honestly don't go to shows anymore because of it. But I marched two years and I know the work that all the members put in to get to this point in the season, and because of that, I would NEVER boo any of them. Neither would anybody else who has marched.

I also find it funny that as the Cadets left the field, everybody assumed Hop was "pulling them off," when it turns out that DCI agreed with his sentiments and told him to have the corps leave the field. I don't think it's a detriment to Hop that the Cavaliers "dealt with it" and the Cadets allegedly didn't. In my opinion, it's a detriment to Fiedler if he indeed noticed the hashes weren't there and didn't say anything about it.

I would submit that anyone who feels like they have the right to boo any corps, just stay home. DCI doesn't need you or your money.

Can we close this thread before I have to explode? Please? I'm REALLY restraining myself here. This royally p***** me off.

Stop responding. Walk away. The ### for tat thing never works. Just a suggestion. No need to close the thread.

just boo the thread

:P :P

You guys are hard... I quoted you because that has to be one of the funniest replies I have seen in a while.

It's just a little discussion on a forum. If it makes you too mad just leave for a while then come back... Go see if any more Semis scores have been posted or something... down boy, down.

Stop responding. Walk away. The ### for tat thing never works. Just a suggestion. No need to close the thread.

Hey!! Guess what you can't say on DCP? The three letter word that's just like "tat" except where you use an "i" instead of an "a."

I'm just saying it's going to get ugly, ESPECIALLY if it happens again tonight or Cadets win.... And ya, you're right, it doesn't work... whadda ya do? Well, I'm going to get dinner. :)

Edited by SCVsopAaron

Maybe last night they weren't booing. Maybe they were Bluuuuing.

I could probably give anybody a run for their money concerning the breadth and depth of my dislike for narration. But I wouldn't boo, anymore than I would boo a high school concert band performance. Cringe, yes. Roll my eyes, yes. Laugh a little at how bush league the narration sounds? Yes. Sigh about the fact that fantastic musicianship is being drowned out by some kid emoting into a microphone? Yes. Bite my tongue? Big time. Stand up at the end? Sure, my butt is sore. Clap? Politely. Cheer? No. Boo? Definitely not.

You know, I have often disagreed with your posts this summer and how you state them, but kudos to you for understand the respect the kids deserve when they are out on the field. Thanks.