Booing

For all those people who boo'd Geogre Hopkins/ The Cadets, you should be ashamed of yourself. The members of this corps has been working their tails off for 3 long months and to get to Finals week and get boo'd is not right. THREE MONTHS they haven't been home! THREE MONTHS they haven't slept in their bed! THREE MONTHS these kids have been out there performing what they've been given to the max.

Today is the first time that I can say honestly I am embarassed / disgraced to have been part of the DCI community!! No member EVER deserves to be treated how The Cadets were treated today!! For all you know, you could have made their best summer of their lives become one of the worst all because you felt the need to boo. GET OVER YOURSELVES!! Rather than hating on The Cadets give them a chance and let these young adults have the same opportunity as all other members of DCI. Rather than booing the corps, which you did and you can not use Geogre as a scapegoat!, find other ways to release your frustration. Blame Geogre and boo him when you see him on the parking lot, but coming on the field he is only 1/136 of the people on the field so you really are booing all 136 members!!

So thank you DCI fans / alumni to show me what kind of a activity I really was a part of for several summers. I hope you are all satisfied knowing that there 135 individuals you reharrassed and could possibly have scarred. I just hope that your stupidity will not have an effect on vets returning and missing out on what could be their greatest 3 months of their lives.

I hope you are all satisfied knowing that there 135 individuals you reharrassed and could possibly have scarred.

pppffffffffff

Easy on the histrionics, my friend. Something tells me they'll find a way to avoid being SCARRED FOR LIFE because their director is a deutschbank.

I didn't boo..or applaud for that matter. I was in the theater and think that applauding or booing performers 3 time zones away is tacky.

But that's besides the point.

No member of the Cadets is an 9 year old elementary school kid playing Hot Crossed Buns. They are virtually all college music majors. They need to learn to suck it up and deal with varying audience reactions(if they haven't already). They are adults. They can handle it. And after the past few years of Cadets shows, none of them had any illusions about how well received their show would be back in November when they decided to be Cadets.

GET OVER YOURSELVES!!

Physician, heal thyself.

I'm sure the 'kids' in the corps can handle a little non-threatening audiences adversity (it's not like the Rose Bowl was filled with English soccer hooligans). They know what the deal is re: Hopkins and his attitudes toward the audiences, and for all we know, a number of them might actually LIKE it (if you don't think there's an adrenaline rush that comes from knowing that you're the bad boy on the block that the audience loves to hate, you've never seen either pro wrestling or the New York Yankees when they play on the road).

Despite the crappy monologue Hopkins wrote for Napoleon, these aren't fragile young psyches who are gonna be doomed to a life of living in mom and dad's basement and watching reruns of Bosom Buddies all day long. They're smart, strong willed kids. I'm sure they'll survive.

Meanwhile , the lesson they learned in the last 20 minutes regarding their director is that "the rules only apply to other corps"...

Edited by mobrien