The Cadets at Quarterfinals

DCI likes to advertise that they are marching music's major league. Let's start living up to that, okay? Make sure your #### field is lined. It is terrible that any corps director would have to be placed in that situation. And to the people that boo: you completely lack any sort of class. "Look at me. I'm an animal and can make this noise to show displeasure." Hey guess what...we're adults now. Grow up.

Haven't figured it out yet? they weren't booing the kids, they were booing Hopkins. :sshh:

Class is not showing your assets in front of thousands of people. <**>

Common sense is not waiting until your corps is set to step off to line the field. :laugh:

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

However, what makes you think the Cavies need hashes more than the Cadets? Their drill, no matter what the judges say, is NOT that difficult. Every time they line up, it's on a yard line. And they just don't have the same velocity on density with their drill as the Cadets do.

Are you frekin blind

1st...The field was horrible tonight, much like 2003 in Orlando. The whole seating in the venue wasn't spectacular either.

The feild was bad but not because of the hash marks. 3 Cavies fell and one other corps had a fall. Can't remember who?

Edited by leeb

At best they might be needed for the initial set when entering the field. After that, you never look at field markings again by this point.

Sure! George just risked getting a penalty and pissing off the DCI leadership for fun.

If they didn't need the hash marks then there would be no sensible reason to do what he did...even for George. I mean really...you don't march their show and you have no freakin clue whether they need the hashes or not. Some corps march picture focused, some corps march spot focused and at the level of a top 5 corps their is usually a combination of both. Often at their level of drill (which was amazing tonight) their a lot of blind pass through moves which absolutely do require every field marking to do safely.

Look...I'm not a big fan of the Cadets show this year, and I'm definitely not a Hopkins fan, but as somebody who has written a lot of drills at many various skill levels, I would not have wanted to see that show attempted without all of the field markings.

DCI likes to advertise that they are marching music's major league. Let's start living up to that, okay? Make sure your #### field is lined. It is terrible that any corps director would have to be placed in that situation. And to the people that boo: you completely lack any sort of class. "Look at me. I'm an animal and can make this noise to show displeasure." Hey guess what...we're adults now. Grow up.

I trust you have never booed (or otherwise expressed displeasure vocally) about anything as an adult? I'll take your word for it when you respond. You will definitely be in the minority of the human population if you claim this to be true, but that doesn't mean I will doubt your word.

Edited by Tekneek

I'm no fan of the 2007 Cavaliers, but if the field was good enough for them, it was good enough for anybody. But sure, bash the crowd for booing a delay of the show, as well as a director trying to show up the boss.

Sure! George just risked getting a penalty and pissing off the DCI leadership for fun.

If they didn't need the hash marks then there would be no sensible reason to do what he did...even for George. I mean really...you don't march their show and you have no freakin clue whether they need the hashes or not. Some corps march picture focused, some corps march spot focused and at the level of a top 5 corps their is usually a combination of both. Often at their level of drill (which was amazing tonight) their a lot of blind pass through moves which absolutely do require every field marking to do safely.

Look...I'm not a big fan of the Cadets show this year, and I'm definitely not a Hopkins fan, but as somebody who has written a lot of drills at many various skill levels, I would not have wanted to see that show attempted without all of the field markings.

Hey, I never marched for the Cadets. Maybe they are looking at the field markings all summer long for some inexplicable reason. I only marched one summer, under a well-known visual guy named Sly Sybilski (spelling may be wrong), and we weren't expected to still be relying on field markings by this point.

I wonder.....if the field was in the same condition as when the Blue Knights marched, and Hoppy had some of his kids fall, would he whine and cry that there was too much paint on the field? Just a theroy. Does anyone know if in Indy they'll have full astro turf, or that half and half stuff like in Madison? If it's full turf, at least we won't have to worry about it for like....9 years.

Are you frekin blind

has to be... as a cavie fan i second that...

im not a cadets hater though... despite all the singing and talking, i thought their shows worked out well... including this year... brass and percussion is absolutely amazing