The Cadets at Quarterfinals

Jeff Fiedler has too much class to cause a scene like that.

w/Stp: cavies go on before cadets, with the "terrible" field conditions, and win visual.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I ask the question again. If Fiedler had done the same thing, would you have the same attitude?

I don't think so...but if it had been handled the same way it would have been close. The problem last night was not that Hopkins wanted the hashes relined, it was in how it was handled. His actions seem to suggest a general lack of respect for DCI. And whether it's warranted or not, you need to be more professional. Being a corps director and wandering around the middle of the field past the time that the drum major has already been asked if the corps is ready, and visibly arguing with Acheson on the 50 yard line after scores were announced, is not professional, IMO.

w/Stp: cavies go on before cadets, with the "terrible" field conditions, and win visual.

The hashes would have been at least "one corps better" for the Cavies...as they would have contributed to rubbing them out.

In any even, Jeff Fiedler would have been within his rights to do the same thing George did...Fiedler did not...that was his choice.

Safety?

From what... exposure to error that may have cost them points?

He used the word safety as word to elicit emotion. It appears to have worked.

Safety, in my mind would apply to say lightning in the area, you know... things that have the potential to cause true harm, maybe... but safety from lines not painted on a field?

I don't think that "safety" from injury was at the top of the list of concerns, so I'm not buying that one either.

They had a few falls too. It isn't about gaining a competitive advantage...it's about safety. GH didn't want to take the risk. Good call in my opinion.

Those falls were unitentional? I thought they symbolized something deep and meaningful. Hard to tell when the rest of the corps is throwing themselves at the ground at random!

B)

If Jeff Fiedler asked, they would have re-lined the hashes for Cavies. He didn't.......Hopkins did.

That's because Hopkins LOVES the attention. He can say it's about the safety of the kids. He can say This I Believe is all about educating the kids. He can say these things all he wants. But it's basically all about him. It's truly sad.

Having the penalty removed was unfortunate. Apparently, if it doesn't suit George, it'll get changed. Sounds like another "George" we all know.

:beer:

Especially the point of the BK form towards the end of the show!