Division II/III Semi-Finals

Wow can't imagine how DCI got Pacific Crest's score up so darn fast?!???!?!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming Teal Sound made some incredible strides with their show, because when I saw them and the Spartans in Lawrence I honestly thought the 12+ point difference was about right, and now they've got it to about 2-3.

Yes. I remember your post. I do think they have made significant strides. I knew the show concept and arrangements were there, but the corps is still young and they needed time to get their stride. I think they may have found it and hope they max out that show tomorrow. I think they will. Go Teal Sound.

Recap is up.

Well, well - I can think of a gangly contra and a bespectacled guard member who are going to be a lot easier to live with tonight.

Tomorrow tells the tale - my significant other is rooting for Surf - I have students in Spartans (and Citations) - so this is really, really interesting.

regards - Jim

Edited by Jim Alberty

Well, well - I can think of a gangly contra and a bespectacled guard member who are going to be a lot easier to live with tonight.

Tomorrow tells the tale - my significant other is rooting for Surf - I have students in Spartans (and Citations) - so this is really, really interesting.

regards - Jim

Always good to talk to you Jim. Mom is out there with them, and indeed, they were in good spirits today. Ageout ceremony tonight for that Contra.

Take care,

Dad

Good job Memphis! Today is a day they will not forget for a long time....The kids were not even at the gate when the announcer said "Andrew is your corp ready?" They were still in the parking lot. They literally ran on the field. No warm up nothing. What a job under horrible circumstances.

One of their buses had broken down at the rehearsal area which is not at the hotel where they are being housed. They had to use one bus to shuttle back and forth to get ready. This made them way late...

We are so proud of the great job they did today! Tomorrow will be the be finish!

Go Memphis !!!

Memphis - 91.525 per Andrew Solomonson, Visual Caption Head

He said that the buses were not only 45 minutes late, but they took them to the ROSE BOWL!! He said the kids ran from the bus to the field and then off again because they were late to the gate. He said that it was pretty tense for a while. All is well now.

I talked with one of the Mempho kids as I was leaving teh RB after Div I semis....they avoided a timing penalty because they left the field with 5 seconds left on the clock!!

Gotta say....GREAT recovery fro what could've been a show-show killer....from the first note I knew they had it down. Good job, Memphis!

and a HELL of a show, too!

Teal's 19.0 in brass puts them only .3 points out of their first brass title. Anyone who knows anything about Teal is that it is rare for their brass score to lead their percussion score. Nice to see. They sound great and I think they know it. Any award they get this season is much deserved. Can't wait for the scores from today! Good luck to Teal.

My congratulations also go to Velvet Knights for being one spot out of finals their first year back.

I hope to see some of the top division 3s make the jump up to division 2s. The more corps that join the ranks of 2/3 the better.

What is going on with DCI? Do they not care about Div 2/3? Why no scores?

I'm just catching-up with this thread and wanted to respond.

I was at the Div II/III show myself yesterday and ready to provide real-time info. However, there were no press facilities at the site nor internet connections available for our use. The DCP Caption Ranking System was updated as quickly as I could get from Pasadena City College to the Rose Bowl and connected.

Sorry for the delay in getting the data out.

Please don't EVER think that DCP doesn't love Division II and III.

CONGRATULATIONS to all of the Division II/III corps this year. We especially appreciate the efforts you made to be in SoCal for the Championships. BRAVI!

-john

Sure. Give Crusaders a 95.75 :)

Normally on these things I say "Go Thunder", but today I"m making a change (for today only) GO OC!!!!