Semifinals judging

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Blah blah blah blah blah...all I can say is neither you or I are DCI judges, which makes this thread a waste of typing

Then why do you contradict yourself by typing a reply?

We will see if Crown surges tonight past your team, if you feel the same way.

:unsure:

Significant?

Maybe for a corps that is not on solid financial footing, but I always thought the Bluecoats were one of hte most financially stable corps out there.

We are, and we are darn sure going to try and keep it that way. :)

Still hoping Canton can pull out high brass tonight, but many of you are making great points about the field judge vs in the stands. From what I listened to (webcast), certainly not any real source for true assessment, it sounded like Blue had a good night, and it looked like they were cleaner visually than on Thursday. But all your points are very valid. It is different on the field, and we will have to see what BLOOO can bring to the table tonight.

People have commented on the visual program a bit in this thread, and I will just add to that. The Coats have a very strong visual program, perhaps it's not top 3, but we have to be careful when saying that it's a weakness or it's not good. Heck, it's one of the top 7 visual programs in the country, and that's not so bad. True, cracking into the top 3 has been difficult in the visual realm, but it's not like we are that far out of it, and I think the corps expected the difficulty and they accept the challenge. The staff and the members have done an amazing job and you can't deny that the show is selling to the audience and that it is very easy to follow. So from that perspective, the show is designed incredibly well and the combination of visual and music is connecting to sell the show at a high level to the fans. I think the corps has certainly stepped it up in musical demand and artistry. They do CLEARLY have one of the best brass and drum lines on the field this summer, and their musical book is easily one of the most demanding. There are positives and this clearly shows that the corps has taken steps forward.

What many consider to be weaknesses are certainly not being overlooked by our staff, but I don't see them as weaknesses as much as there is still more room for growth in a few areas. But we are always trying to get better.

Enjoy the Coats show tonight. I know they are going to bring it BIG TIME!!!

JW

Edited by jwillis35

i just happen to know a few people from star '93 that you might want to tell that one to...

It has diminished the enjoyment I get when I watch it. I don't know any alums who won't watch it because we came in second. I think there may be some that are PO'd all these years later but that's about it.

It has diminished the enjoyment I get when I watch it. I don't know any alums who won't watch it because we came in second. I think there may be some that are PO'd all these years later but that's about it.

There was definitely 1 person on Cadets staff in '05 who marched Mello for Star in '93. First hand experience, we popped in the dvd and he walked out of the room ... and says he has NEVER watched it nor will he. I find it kind of a shame to have been a part of something so spectacular and still be miffed after all these years to the point of never reliving the power and perfection of ones performance. I sure hope one day he breaks down and pops it in. It's a helluva show and something to be proud of.

Sorry to reply twice to this, but you are correct in that what is important is the performance. This will be remember as a memorable year full of pleasing performances from 1-21.

DW

Why do you hate Pioneer? :)

Then why do you contradict yourself by typing a reply?

We will see if Crown surges tonight past your team, if you feel the same way.

:unsure:

Well if it happens I hope SCV Alumns and fans won't start a whine-fest about judges like some people on here like to do..I'm pretty sure Vanguard will get hit hard in guard tonight so they will probably finish 7th...And guess what? I'm not going to cry a river over it either..It doesn't accomplish anything..