Oregon Crusaders...

First off....MAJOR probs to OC for not only putting that kid in the show....but also for making him a soloist (pretty good tone, too) and having him drive his chair around instead of just parking in the pit....even putting him in teh drill forms a couple of times...way to involve your kids!

I have a question, tho. It was clear that he could not manhandle a horn around -- looks like he suffers from something degenerative (Lou Gherig's, perhaps?) -- so he was on a concert bari instead of a marching one (I tihnk he also had a special valve arrangement of some sort...couldn't see it clearly).

Did OC willingly take a penalty for the non-conforming horn, or did DCI grant a rule waiver for this one person? Good call either way.

I was wondering about that too... I'm pretty sure OC hasn't been taking penalties, so I'm guessing that DCI granted this.

If that's true, it was a great move on the part of DCI, and on the part of OC for letting him take part.

~>conner

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Sam. If the young person is willing to discuss his issues sounds like a story for Mr Boo. I would also like to know what OC and DCI worked out, if anything, to let this person perform.

I was wondering about that too... I'm pretty sure OC hasn't been taking penalties, so I'm guessing that DCI granted this.

If that's true, it was a great move on the part of DCI, and on the part of OC for letting him take part.

~>conner

Way back in the Stone Ages...(well it was actually 1973 or 74),we had a kid who broke his leg in June. So he learned to play contra, and we put him in a wheel chair on the field. Only we had to push him around the field, no motorized wheel chair.

Great job OC...music is for all!!!

It's just another reason to love Drum Corps. My life got better the day my son came home and

told us he had heard of this thing called "DCI" and he wanted to try it out. 2 kids marching over

7 seasons >$15,000 spent, and no regrets. These kids rock!!!!!!! Life is good.

this topic has been discussed in other threads, but here's the link to a news article.

http://www.seasidesignal.com/articles/2007...08448886243.txt