Any news from Kingston NY?

just also wanted to add they weren't the only salute our A-Squad received. Rich Tardie, A-Squad Capt. of Hurcs was waiting on the apron of the field for full retreat as we entered and also saluted our group. :)

Oh, I didn't see that one... very cool!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must give credit to all of the corps. They are preforming the best I have seen across the board. there is not definet spot in the top 10. Sure, you have a good idea of who will be there but what their position will be is unknown. Thats what is exciting. Buccs have been winning but cabs and sneak up and so can empire. We dont know whats going on in the midwest, the west, and the south. You cant count them out. This yeah is the first year i can say that I am not sure who is going to place where. I agree with the review. Hurricanes had a very very good show. From my souces, they had to overcome a few things that day. They had a bus break down on the way. Yet they still made it and still put on a hell of a show.

All I am saying is, the placement that you see now, will not be in 3 weeks. There will be alot (and i repeat) alot of jumping around. Especially between 3rd through 10. God I love it!!!!!

indeed, the bus I was on started smoking. we ended up putting the hornline and drumline on the guard bus, and we were driven to the rehearsal site. Then that same bus driver went back to CT to pick up everyone else that was left and brought them to the rehearsal site. The pit drove to the show in what seemed like one clown car because I'm pretty sure all of them were in there. haha. so instead of starting rehearsal as a full corps @ 10, the hornline and drumline got there at 10:40ish, and the guard got there around 1-2. it was definitely an interesting day.

I highly doubt that you'll need one, Sara.

Good luck the rest of the way!

BTW: See you in Mini-corps competition?.... or Brass Ensemble????

Well, ya never know... Crusaders are on a mission this year and I'm sure the Kilties will be coming on strong too. CorpsVets always have a good show. I really don't know what to expect having not seen ANY East coast corps this year. I really enjoyed the Huricanes show last year and expect them to be just as strong if not better than last year. I will be doing my best to make sure I'm not in the stands come finals night, but so is everyone else.

RE: Mini corps/brass ensemble, I will be watching from the stands cheering on Star and 'gades. I've been picking up some trombone gigs here and there and need to spend what little practice time I have on the bone. But I am looking forward to the show, should be some good stuff out there.

(2 Words)

Cherry Pink!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh................

How about 3 words - Apple Blossom White

And that was the first time we played that on the field all year - WAY OVERDUE!! And it was just as emotional playing that song on the back end of this Corps, as it was for the folks in the stands!!! ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^

I LOVE that tune!! Only now I can't stop singing it. lol

Mom and I have been singing it ever since you guys finished!

I made the mistake o' heading around back to the men's room 'cause I thought they were done. Heard it loud and clear in there, though!

I was humming it all weekend - Annoyed the @!%*! outta my wife. 'course, her fave old Cabs tune is "Peanut Vendor". . .

:)

You and everybody else I know is doing the same thing!! Now if all of us can bend Larry Kerchner's ear, maybe, just maybe we can convince him of making it next year's closer!!!! He's resurrected everything else for us to play in the field show, so why not "Cherry Pink"??? :) :) :)

PS: Thanks again for stopping by before we went on. Can't wait to see the pics!!

Thanks for the review.

From a performer's perspective...

The day was hotter than I would have liked, especially since it was in the low 60's when we left CT Saturday morning. GREAT field, very good crowd, I loved performing for them. First time that we trooped the stands since we came back to the field, that was fun.

I have to comment about the completely classy move by the Cabs alumni after our show. They waited at the gate and applauded for us as we left the field, with their A-Section saluting our corps. Some may say that there is "competition" between the Alumni groups, but this was what it was all about to me. Total Class Cabs, it spoke very highly of your organization (which has some pretty high standards to live up to!) and was most certainly noticed by the members of the Bridgemen. You all sounded GREAT from backfield, as did the competing corps during their encorps. Can't wait until Rochester!

I concur whole heartedly, you guys are all awesome, both alumni corps.