Thank you Cadets

Most demanding????? When you have that many pauses to speak???? You must be joking.

The show was pretty demanding. Can they get just a little credit?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll second that thank you ... Cadets show was incredible, regardless of how you felt about the narration, and they brought their "A" game to the field. Semi-Finals was one of the most amazing performances I've ever seen ... They were literally a house on fire.

Wow, while the Cadets may have had an excellent execution of the show, that narration is an albatross around this performance. I won't go into my thoughts on that here, as people would rather stress "positivity" over reality. Anywho...

Those who want to say this was one of the most technically demanding shows EVER I think are over-reacting to make up for all the negative press this show has received. While very good, there have been better Cadets shows...

With regards to technical demands, that percussion book from 1989 was sick (the Les Mis show). '93 I thought was more technically difficult. I will say the quality of sound wise, Cadets beat everyone else hands down with regards to the drumline this year (par for the course for Cadets).

Overall, I thought this was a down year for DCI. I have seen way better Devils shows than the one I saw tonight. Didn't move me at all. Cavies were ok.

Perhaps next year we'll see less narration and more playing.

Wow, while the Cadets may have had an excellent execution of the show, that narration is an albatross around this performance. I won't go into my thoughts on that here, as people would rather stress "positivity" over reality. Anywho...

Those who want to say this was one of the most technically demanding shows EVER I think are over-reacting to make up for all the negative press this show has received. While very good, there have been better Cadets shows...

With regards to technical demands, that percussion book from 1989 was sick (the Les Mis show). '93 I thought was more technically difficult. I will say the quality of sound wise, Cadets beat everyone else hands down with regards to the drumline this year (par for the course for Cadets).

Overall, I thought this was a down year for DCI. I have seen way better Devils shows than the one I saw tonight. Didn't move me at all. Cavies were ok.

I agree with both of your points. People are just trying to give the cadets some credit, and they do deserve this, but this show wasnt really an all time great. Some things were...some of the drill in the closer, the company fronts, parts of the opener...were all incredible.

As far as a down year....i think it was a down year at the top, but a great year for dci. Just my thought for now. It was my first time in the stands, so its hard to compare...

Some Blue Devils alum were booing because they were scared Cadets may beat The Devils. As a Devil I'm sorry....

Cadets are great, We had the judges tonight. And We did put on a show!

Good luck next year, you are more than worthy. :tic:

Nail.On.Head.

I seem to recall a certain west coast corps performing at finals on the east coast not long ago with almost as much talking as the cadets. They were respectfully received. Was it because they werent a threat?...cant say, all I know is that at least the fans had some class that year.

... from your mouth to Hop's ears!

this thread needs to die. I'm done with the cadets narration crap this year. I don't want to give them anymore attention, positive or negative. It's time to move on folks.