Thank you Cadets

I was at the first DCI in 1972 and most of them since.

This years Cadets show was the most technically demanding program I've ever seen. And the execution was incredible.

I watched a horn rehearsal earlier this week and looking (and listening) up close was a revelation.

I had them out front by a good margin.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, the Cadets... WOW. Probably the loudest hornline of the night, most demanding show. Incredible.

I second that! Those kids can crank it out. I think they put a crack in Stanford's new stadium last week

I will second everything that has been said so far (with the exception of that one guy).

Cadets, you guys performed the #### out of one of the most demanding shows I've ever seen.

Thank you for spending your summer giving me chills.

Saw them live in Denver, and was gasping in awe despite my irritation at that-which-shall-not-be-named. Some of the stuff they did this year completely blew my mind, even more so than Stonehenge, which I hold in pretty high regard. :tic:

As good as the Cadets' visual and music design and execution was this year, it is completely beaten down by the overbearing, obnoxious narration. It's just so over the top and offensive that you cannot overlook it. I feel bad for the corps members because their great work and effort was minimized because of the one design element that was hated all season long.

I knew there would be someone to bring something negative to this thread. Anyways, as the OP said, thank you Cadets for making this alum VERY PROUD of the Maroon and Gold team. You guys were excellent. Congrats to all the corps this year. YOU GUYS WERE ALL PHENOMENAL and I can't wait until next year!!!!

Up until seeing this show I never had one to take my breath away. This I believe did just that and more.

The demand and execution--over the top.

I will rate every subsequent show against this one because to me it set a new benchmark.

Go Cadets- you have so much class!!! :tic:

yes!

maybe if everyone on stopped booing, and attempted to interpret the message that george hopkins and the cadets were portraying ( which was a pretty obvious message) then you might just like the show!

this show and corp grew on me over the summer and i can strongly admit that the 2007 cadets is one of my favorite shows, ever.

to you booers, i feel embarrassed for you

When they were field testing the mics, and some fans were booing, a lady in front of me shouted: "Shut up!" :tic:

I will admit, straight up front, that had my seat neighbors participated in a loud boo of the Cadets, I would have punched them so hard, their noses caved in. Ok, no I wouldn't. But they would be getting boos from me as I followed them out of the tunnel.

Anyway, the Cadets... WOW. Probably the loudest hornline of the night, most demanding show. Incredible.

Most demanding????? When you have that many pauses to speak???? You must be joking.

Most demanding????? When you have that many pauses to speak???? You must be joking.

Nope, the only joke is you. During the 'pauses', they were usually marching hard drill, or in many cases, playing. Do some research before attempting to belittle a program that you have barely scratched the surface on.

The fact is, every corps takes breaks from playing....a lot. The cadets just filled those breaks with something different this year. Good, bad, or indifferent, it doesnt matter, the difficulty was still there. That brass line that 'never played' was a tenth behind a fabulous blue devils hornline tonight