Bittersweet Finals Moment

There are many more of these stories out there. 27th and SCV had a great friendship in the mid-seventies. Their members housed us in their homes when we visited California (aaaah! a bed and a hot meal!!!), and we housed SCV when they came to Boston the next year. Avant Garde had a great friendship with their rivals, BAC in the eighties, including the world "Buck-buck" championships held after a show. I am sure everybody who ever marched could tell a great story of inter-corps friendships and help given and received.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy in the Mandarins jacket is Josh Luedtke. Josh is one of the nicest guys I know, and was much like a brother to me throughout the four years we marched together.

was he the really tall guy from the tenor line?

Kudos to the member and to her Mandarins hero. A real display of heart and determination.

But where were her BD corpsmates/staff/volunteers? Surely there was one person in that organization that could have been looking out for her?

ahhaahaaa

it was only a matter of time :blush:

Kudos to the member and to her Mandarins hero. A real display of heart and determination.

But where were her BD corpsmates/staff/volunteers? Surely there was one person in that organization that could have been looking out for her?

:( Please don't turn this into a 'typical' DCP thread.

:( Please don't turn this into a 'typical' DCP thread.

i think he was genuinely curious about that. i was wondering the same thing after reading it....dont really understand the time/place situation.

not being critical of emotion or heroism or whatever, i just dont really get it.

i think he was genuinely curious about that. i was wondering the same thing after reading it....dont really understand the time/place situation.

not being critical of emotion or heroism or whatever, i just dont really get it.

Thanks, Jared. Despite what my inspired userid might imply, I don't generally dwell on the negative. I wasn't trying to inflame passions here, but I'd really like to hear the rest of the story. It would be fabulous if someone in the know said something like, "The staff knew she was injured and made sure she was comfortable on the bus and told her to stay put until someone could return and tend to her, but she couldn't stay away from her corps and slipped past the cook staff without being seen."

I guess I'll go with that.

Carry on.

Knowing exactly where this girl is coming from, that seriously brought me to tears.

Folks...those of you who witnessed this or know about it through your knowing the BD or Mandarins member...I'd love to expand on this and get it on DCI.org in the Fanfare column. Please drop me an e-mail at boomike@dci.org if you can help out. This is the type of story for which I live and we need to give it greater exposure. Thank you.