Why the Cadets should have won

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, you're totally right. The Cadets, they aren't a drum corps at all :lookaround:

No, thats not what I meant....what I mean is that I dont like a show with narration......and I have seen alot

of them in BOA....hence if I wanted to watch a drum corps show with narration I would go to see a BOA contest.....I have nothing against the the Cadets members they have an awesome hornline and are great marchers.....I dont understand why the comment had to be responded to the way it was I said it was in my own opinion. And that kinda show is not what I would pay to go watch at a DCI show........peace

No, thats not what I meant....what I mean is that I dont like a show with narration......and I have seen alot

of them in BOA....hence if I wanted to watch a drum corps show with narration I would go to see a BOA contest.....I have nothing against the the Cadets members they have an awesome hornline and are great marchers.....I dont understand why the comment had to be responded to the way it was I said it was in my own opinion. And that kinda show is not what I would pay to go watch at a DCI show........peace

Wasn't This show originally done by a BOA band??

I think everyone can safely agree that the Cadets should have won.

NO

Edited by Chronos

Let's also knock off the 1993 Star references -- Star won field brass, ensemble brass, field percussion, and ensemble percussion.

http://www.corpsreps.com/scores.cfm?view=s...;showid=1993173

By the way, just wanted to point out you predicted about 6 times this summer Cadets were not going to be in top 4. Ahhh, now I feel better. :) :P

One of Star 93''s main contributions was body movement in the hornline. The shapeing and sculpting they did back then was shockingly different for it's time, and many frothed at the mouth or laughed at it.

There were things Star was addressing in their judges critiques (specifically brass execution and music ensemble) that other corps never even got to. There was so much detail and nuance in that show, it was freaking ridiculous. I know I could look it up, but I think they got a 10 in field brass execution at least 1 time during the year, if not more.

Having just watched the encore videos, I think Cadets should have won. Corps are evaluated on what they're doing and how well they are doing it. Cadets had a much more challenging visual and music book and performed it very, very well. I thought BD on the other hand had a pretty standard visual/music book as far as top corps go and performed it near perfection. (hence why they probably one). Maybe that's why Cadets are one of my favourite corps, they take risks, go louder and faster and push beyond norms and limits. Just my honest opinion.