Is there ANY love for Santa Clara this year?

Hey...considering where the Santa Clara show was scoring three weeks ago, you all have to give some love out to what could be called the hardest working, most improving, getting it done during the last two weeks corps....Yep, I'm talking about SCV!

They put it together and passed up two VERY GOOD shows put on the field by Crown and Bluecoats. It was no easy task to pass these guys up during finals night.

Way to go SCV. I think it was the plate line that put it over the top for me!

Now, come on folks....give the Vanguard some love out there.

Let me hear you.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the judges gave them plenty of love one friday and saturday.

there's lots of love for SCV here. glad they turned it up during finals week :)

I loved their show, Tom. I thought the music was more accessible, more memorable, more enjoyable than last year. I loved the way the drill developed to focus the viewer's eyes on particular forms and details-- something Santa Clara always does well but did particularly well this year. I thought it was the best drill design since the Myron Rosander years, anyway. Very much in their tradition, but with creativity. I loved the plate line and the bass drum line. They performed with great energy. They were among the best received corps by the crowd. I think they can be very proud of their 5th place finish. Frankly, I'd much rather see any of the shows placing 4 through 8 this year again than any of the top 3 shows again, and I'm sure my DVD and CD plays will reflect that.

I think plenty of folks are showing love for the Red Team ...

Like here: Who Do You Love? Thread