The Dutch Boy - 2006

According to corpspres.com, The Dutch Boy played South Park mucis in 2006. I am interested in this. What did they play, what sort of visual presentation was impacted by things from the tv show?

Also, how was this received? Were there people who felt it was not appropriate for a junior corps?

Ok the show music in Order-

Mountain Town

Uncle...

I Can change

Blame Canada

Kyle's Mom's a...

I'm Super

La Resistance

It was a really fun show to write and have the kids play. The key visual thing that you would have seen was Kenny- he was killed naturally at the end of the show.

You can check out the show if you go to the corps website- I think it's there. If not, go to Youtube- I know it's there.

As for how it was received- I would say pretty well. A few people with issues. But in general- there was a lot of laughing from the crowds when they realized what we were actually playing. some singing or humming as well by the younger crowd members. All in all, a lot fun was had by everyone.

There was only one time (Rome NY) that we actually had an awkward silence from the crowd. We had just added a mic'd vocal to the start of the closer. Let just say awkward!! Cut right after the show.

The key visual thing that you would have seen was Kenny- he was killed naturally at the end of the show.
I bought a T-shirt with Kenny getting killed in a drum corps show years ago. I don't remember which corps sold that.

I really enjoyed Dutch Boy's 2006 show. I personally did not find it offensive and really enjoyed watching Kenny die in the end!!!

Some people thought we were nuts to do such a show but after they saw it they said it was done with taste and applauded the staffs tact.

The name of the show "Selections from South Park - THE MOVIE !!!" B)

What will DUCTH BOY bring to the table next year......you'll just have to wait and see !!!

Edited by ODBC

As has been stated, I saw the show, it was not offensive, they played some great charts from the movie, and although some elements/ideas were based off the show/movie, it was tasteful and respectable. My wife had the same concerns when she heard about the program before we saw it, after that no worries, the staff did a great job the members did awsome, it was entertaining and was well done. Yes it is on youtube, (I watched it again last night!) oh, and I can not wait to see what next year holds for this corps!

Also just noticed, it is on their website under media then videos. Check it out, greatshow, very entertaining.

Edited by CanadianDirector