QUESTION about Hopkins, Blame

. . .and this is different from other corps how?

I am sure with just about every corps out there not every single member of the staff is on board with every design decision made by the person in charge. This can't be something unique to The Cadets.

well talk to nick merson about it. he's on this board a lot and is the expert on cadets stuff.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be interesting to go back and look at all of the posts in 99/2000 when Bb horns started replacing bugles. You would have thought George Hopkins was the devil and drum corps was over as we know it... funny how things settle into place and we begin to accept it as it is evolving over time now I'm not saying everyone should use narration... or that everyone should use Bb horns even... but if they want to...they can... it is THEIR show... THEIR choice... and THEIR corps.

could Cadets show done without the narration this year... yes... but Troopers could have also kept their bugles as well... it's their choice to make

:rolleyes: Why'd ya have to bring up Bb horns!?

I'm still not over that... :(

And just what is your area of expertise ?? Wasting bandwidth ??

~G~

. . .and this post is not wasting even more?

Ala the cadets member poll in 2005. I'd be very curious to see the results for this years cadets corps....

Polls don't matter to George. He told me so. Even when it comes to the members of his corps.

Many on the staff were not enthused with the narration, I was told this first hand in Allentown, they will remain nameless, believe it or not, just wanted to share.

~G~

It's a sad fact that Hopkins doesn't care what his members think, what a large chunk of the audience thinks or what his own staff thinks. It's all about George and his "vision."

Polls don't matter to George. He told me so. Even when it comes to the members of his corps.

So let me get this straight : The Cadets Corps Director doesn't listen to the majority wishes of the members ? We have heard that the Cadets Corps Director ( with help from the staff ) made" the choice" to use narration; made "the choices " who would do the narration, when they would do the narration, how long the narration would be, where the narrator would stand when they did the narraton, and the words to the narration. And the principal theme was " It's my life and I get to choose ". So what you're saying is the show was about The Cadets Corps Director ? Or was the show theme essentially somewhat hollow and hypocritical because the reality here is the narrators had little or no "choice " at all when they schooled the audiences about " their life "and " the value of having choices " and " they get to choose ".... and blah blah blah ?

Edited by X DM

Many on the staff were not enthused with the narration, I was told this first hand in Allentown, they will remain nameless, believe it or not, just wanted to share.

~G~

So its not something where majority wins? Seems a little unfair

EDIT: and by majority i mean directors

Edited by Blueemrld8