Nice'n'Cool outdoors in SCRANTON tonight

Nor should you see folks in the organization post stuff like that. We disapprove of it. I can't speak for the anonymous poster who typed the stuff you quoted, but I can assure you that members have been instructed time and again to not jump into the fray and post things that are inappropriate (saying that other corps suck certainly falls into that category). And, no one in the corps or its administration is treating anything as a lock or is looking at our competitors with anything but respect for the quality and capable corps they are (and if an attitude creeps up like than now and again it's dealt with).

As for the show being boring and beyond the reach of the members, I'll leave that alone, since you're entitled to your opinion. I will, however, say that the members continue to make tremendous progress every week and I hope you'll be in the audience in Rochester to see it for yourself. (if we don't put you to sleep first :P ).

Fair enough Tom, and I respect your comments.

I just think your fringe supporters need to play the messageboard rhetoric game very carefully. They're looking at 10,000 in the stands in Rochester and you're going against a corps or two with nothing to lose and an arsenal of last minute, crowd-oriented ideas that have always worked like a charm.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know. The only show I went to (Rochester July 7) was jam packed.

Maybe the low attendance in some other areas can be attributed to the fact that drum corps is a copy cat activity, and right now everyone wants to be like the Bucs and play a boring show that's too hard for them. They must figure that's what will get the score.

Then the Cabs Alumni or the Bridgemen come out and get 5 standing O's.

As far as the amount of people in the crowd, Scranton I believe, was the smallest. All the shows that the Hurcs have been at this year have been full, great drum corps crowds. I and others were very disappointed with the response. Great job Bucs, you have been great to watch all year. I love that show and it offers so much.

As far as the comment of the rest of the corps suck, I wonder if you are marching with a group and who they are? We work hard all day long, along with other corps! At least we are working out, playing and enjoying life. I wonder how much that goes for the people who just want to complain on here.

And yes, I hope DCA improves a great deal. That can be said for many cricuits out there.

I am out there to perform and enjoy playing and performing with students and people who love the activity.

I just want to say that, I never said the Bucs were a "Lock". They may have a very good show, but the Cabs and Empire also have very good books, and are obviously catching up. You maybe right about the "copy-cat" thing, and you are intitled to your opinion, as am I. Didn't mean to make you upset, just saying my opinion.

Just because i support the Bucs, doesn't mean that i am speaking for the corps membership, or organization. I like to support all the corps, and the programs that they do. THEY, are what dipicts what DCA, and Drum Corps future will be.

Good luck to all the corps. Championships will definetly be interesting.

Jack P.

Are there any comments about the actual review I did near the beginning of this thread. Maybe the moderator can make my post a new thread titled Scranton review and put all of the other comments in a thread title "Pissing and moaning because clearly I get no attention at home and need to spout off here." Just a thought.

Are there any comments about the actual review I did near the beginning of this thread. Maybe the moderator can make my post a new thread titled Scranton review and put all of the other comments in a thread title "Pissing and moaning because clearly I get no attention at home and need to spout off here." Just a thought.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts about the show.

I was a marching member of the 2005 Bucs and thought it was one of those magical shows. I think I'm liking 2007 better! We have two weeks of hard work ahead of us and are hoping to deliver our best performance of the year on September 2! :P

Nor should you see folks in the organization post stuff like that. We disapprove of it. I can't speak for the anonymous poster who typed the stuff you quoted, but I can assure you that members have been instructed time and again to not jump into the fray and post things that are inappropriate (saying that other corps suck certainly falls into that category). And, no one in the corps or its administration is treating anything as a lock or is looking at our competitors with anything but respect for the quality and capable corps they are (and if an attitude creeps up like than now and again it's dealt with).

As for the show being boring and beyond the reach of the members, I'll leave that alone, since you're entitled to your opinion. I will, however, say that the members continue to make tremendous progress every week and I hope you'll be in the audience in Rochester to see it for yourself. (if we don't put you to sleep first :P ).

Can i throw the alumns into that mix Tom? We know how hard every corps is working. We Know as alumni of the Buccaneers that every corps is a champion for having the guts to put themselves on the line every weekend.

As often happens on this forum, people who only attend one show, or none at all, take a small piece of supposed information and then make blanket statements about the entire activity. Here are my observations of the DCA shows that the Bucs have been a part of this season...

Wildwood - good sized crowd, reaction to Bucs - enthusiastic standing O

Bridgeport - very large crowd, reaction to Bucs - enthusiastic standing O

Clifton - large crowd, reaction to Bucs - enthusiastic standing O (Thank you Cabs fans!)

Lewisburg - very large crowd, reaction to Bucs - enthusiastic standing O

Chambersburg - over 2000 in attendance ( I know, I ran this show) - reaction to Bucs - enthusiastic standing O, fans were actually ticked off that we had to cut the Bucs vistory concert short due to a noise ordinance

Binghamtom - good sized crowd, reaction to Bucs - enthusiastic standing O

Scranton - small crowd, reaction to Bucs - standing O

Reading - predicting a sellout, predicted reaction to Bucs, uhhhh, hmmmm?

Rochester - predicting a sellout, predicted reaction to Bucs, who knows, depends on the weather.

********************************************************************************

Tom D'Bomb, you haven't even seen us this year. Most DCA fans agree, we're much less boring in person than we are in your mind when you are making antagonizing posts on DCP. You should come check it out live! ^0^

Edited by Mick Krackin'

Yes thank you very much for your Review.. Don't care if there are three or three million people in the stands we just want them to be entertained by our performance. :)

Well, the previous replies allude to the Buc's being the only quality drum corps in attendance.

Might be the reason for less than stellar attendance.

Wow sir. Last time I checked Cabs, Empire, Bush, Hurcs, Brigs, Sun, etc, were ALL quality organizations. As well as the Bucs. They are all class and I have quite a few friends on the Blue team.

I don't need to beat a dead horse and talk about how hard ALL the teams in DCA work to put out a fine product for the fans and judges. I don't need to remind everyone that this activity is one that we do by choice and for fun. And I certainly do not need to point out that fact that we cannot please everyone all the time or even some of the time.

I honestly think you, sir, are just jaded and hate this activity and have your own agenda. And that is my personal opinion from reading your posts over the past several months. Take no offense to this as this is MY PERSONAL OPINION, but maybe you should look into finding another hobby to submarine and berate. <**>

Thank you and see you on the 50. Literally.

Yes thank you very much for your Review.. Don't care if there are three or three million people in the stands we just want them to be entertained by our performance. :)

Amen my brother.

Edited by CabsMello03

:doh: to Laura :)