Trading uniform parts after Finals

and you'll hold on to those for the rest of your life....
I have the actual uniform top from the first year I marched, and probably nothing else in terms of uniform. I have a Madison gauntlet from '85 (I had a tie, but it was lost). I have an unspecified Freelancer uniform part. I have an honorary Troopers' membership card signed by Jim Jones. I have a stunt card from our '85 drum solo that I had many people sign. And lastly I have the Buddha trophy from the second show I ever marched in.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, speaking of retreats, make sure you aren't rude to people as you shake hands with other corps or bands.

2005 San Antonio retreats: me and a friend met this really rude snare drummer. He made fun of our uniform and just other random stuff. We asked about his drum and he closed out his rant with "learn things". So my buddy took his snare sticks, making him stickless for the encore. We taped them on the front of his school bus with "learn things" written on the sticks.

I have the actual uniform top from the first year I marched, and probably nothing else in terms of uniform. I have a Madison gauntlet from '85 (I had a tie, but it was lost). I have an unspecified Freelancer uniform part. I have an honorary Troopers' membership card signed by Jim Jones. I have a stunt card from our '85 drum solo that I had many people sign. And lastly I have the Buddha trophy from the second show I ever marched in.

How did you get one of the Oriental Odyssey Bhuddas???

How did you get one of the Oriental Odyssey Bhuddas???
Hundreds of hours of volunteer work, but it really came down to being at the right place at the right time.

You just need to march a corps were you get part of your uni as an age-out gift. And with that, I'm putting my uniform crosssabers back somewhere safe. :)

Yeah, I thought about that after aging out! I think it would be pretty cool if the silver "thing" on the front of Regiment's helmets were of some significance and you got yours when you aged out, a la SCV. Just a nice memento type of thing. I'd buy one today if they started doing that now!

I have the actual uniform top from the first year I marched, and probably nothing else in terms of uniform.
Um . . . you have the red sunglasses from the '85 uniform . . .

Um . . . you have the red sunglasses from the '85 uniform . . .
No, no I traded those away.