Rochester 2007

They have 2 locations. One is near downtown, in the Village Gate, a converted factory, now an eclectic sort of mall. Take Main St east to University - right turn, make a left at Goodman, half a block on the right. I actually worked there in the 70s when it was still a factory (Stecher-Traung-Schmidt; big printing outfit - made macaroni & cereal boxes, seed packets, crap like that)

The other is at the lake in Charlotte (pronounced sharLOT; we pronounce everything weird here - Avon (EHvon), Chili (ch-eye-l-eye), Lima (L-EYEma)), a section of the city, not an actual town. It's in the Port of Rochester building we built for the Rochester-Toronto ferry that lasted about 3 months and only cost us about 30 mil. On a nice day (weather looks promising), it's prolly the better choice, cause it's at the beach and Abbott's is right across the street. Famous local ice cream (frozen custard, much better than ice cream). Take State St (turns into Lake Av) all the way north towards the lake. Once you go over a crest and can actually see the lake, get into the right lane (turn only) and turn into the parking lot for the whole beach area. Building is right in front of you at that point.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, sir, thank you.

After the weekend is over, I'll try to work a sushi review into one or more of the show reviews.

Andy

As a serious BBQ fan, I need to know, is Sticky Lips really better then Dinosaur BBQ? Only those that have been to both need reply.

No medium cooked pork for you. ^0^