Most overrated and underrated shows of 2007

This is an easy one

Overrated - oh sweet jesus the bluecoats... there were a significant amount of people who posted on this forum that bluecoats would break into the top three and some people even thought they actually had a chance at winning. Then when they topped cavies and BD midseason this place went nuts. and blooo winning horns at quarterfinals!? I don't think so.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an easy one

Overrated - oh sweet jesus the bluecoats... there were a significant amount of people who posted on this forum that bluecoats would break into the top three and some people even thought they actually had a chance at winning. Then when they topped cavies and BD midseason this place went nuts. and blooo winning horns at quarterfinals!? I don't think so.

and I thought for awhile that I was the only one who thought that. If all you want is horns and drums, Bluecoats were top 3. The guard and overall visual program let them down.

So, yes, overrated, I'd have to go with the Bluecoats. The show was not top 3. And, if you want to arguew that this corps beat every other corps in DCI this year...well they didn't the last two weeks when it counted. So, it appears to me your show flattened out early and there was not enough planning into how to continually make it better as the season went on.

Underrated...that's a tougher one. I believe Spirit gets the nod. I even had them pegged outside on the top 12 with Blue Stars getting in. I was dead wrong. Spirit's show was way more complete and their guard was powerful and had great work to perform. Blue Stars was another corps who forgot 1/3 of their show. Hey folks, it's called a guard and they contribute lots of points if they perform well.

Underrated...that's a tougher one. I believe Spirit gets the nod. I even had them pegged outside on the top 12 with Blue Stars getting in. I was dead wrong. Spirit's show was way more complete and their guard was powerful and had great work to perform.

:doh: Tom Brace for president! :doh:

Spirit's guard made amazing progress through the season. What began as a serious weakness was a huge strength by Pasadena. Those young men and women, most of whom were rookies, really showed a lot of determination in the face of what I know was initially a frustrating summer. Congratulations!

you didnt have to cringe for us....we really liked the show. And none of us were bothered by the narration....most members liked it and i actually grew fond of it once i got past trying not to like it. I think many people will find the same if they stopped hating it just to hate it and approach it with more of an open mind. But i do understand not everyone is going to like narration, I just dont understand some people's arguments of why

I've become more open-minded with narration as time has passed, but I still think some of it is hokey. Parts of Cadets' show this year were tolerable, maybe even interesting, but other parts were poorly worded or unconvincingly delivered (or just flat out funny, like the guy at the beginning of Adiemus). So I'm not not necessarily anti-narration, but I've yet to see a drum corps use narration effectively (IMHO).

Edited by TSRTS13

Under rated: Boston and Rosemont. Two shows with beautiful music. Next to Phantom, these were my favorite shows of the year.

and I thought for awhile that I was the only one who thought that. If all you want is horns and drums, Bluecoats were top 3. The guard and overall visual program let them down.

So, yes, overrated, I'd have to go with the Bluecoats. The show was not top 3. And, if you want to arguew that this corps beat every other corps in DCI this year...well they didn't the last two weeks when it counted. So, it appears to me your show flattened out early and there was not enough planning into how to continually make it better as the season went on.

Its funny because anyone that suggested the bluecoats may peak early was slammed on by much of the dcp community. (for the record i didnt have an opinion either way at the time). Just goes to show that trends arent everything- just because theyve done well the past few finals weeks was no guarantee that this year would be the same.

Over it: -Cavies, one word: meh.

-BD, in the words of Michael Cesario at TBA this summer "1994 called and wants it's design back"

Can't get enough of it: -Crown, some are just bitter that they didn't think of it first. Great design and kick butt guard!

-Bloo. Thank you brass. Thank you. You make this guardetto happy :)

Being pretty much in love with Aaron Guidry from his RRHS shows, his music for the Crossmem show didn't really do it for me. The hornline didn't play as much as I would have liked them to.

CROSSMEN BRASS PLAYED A LOT in 2007.

very hard full show.

NO PARK AND BARK SECTIONS. CONSTANT MOVEMENT.

you seem to be a minority with your views.