Most overrated and underrated shows of 2007

Cavies Question:

What's the name of the piece they play VERY early in the show? The one right after the horn solo from Stranger and the pit feature from Angry Young Man

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone was overrated this year. The top 15 had really really great shows. It's pretty amazing how good everyone was this year.

Agreed. VERY solid performances from everyone, especially the finalists.

Under: Cavaliers. That was the best music book I have heard from them since 2000. I enjoyed their show immensely. It was difficult as all heck too. A really great show, it'll be on my ipod soon.

Over: I don't really think anyone was overrated.

I would have liked to see Crown come away with high colorguard. Does anyone know when the last time a corps not in the top has won a caption award?

I would've like to seen crown take high guard too!!

Under- Cadets and Crossmen. Especially Crossmen. Stop saying they didn't play because they did and not just loud but well. They marched more than 90% of the corps in the whole running. And if marching and playing well doesn't do it for ya they had the show design to top it off. Put any other group of performers into thier show AND thier situation from the corps that placed around them and they could not perform it. Well done bones. As for Cadets you guys had the show of the year and I will stand by it. I hate narration and think it is not right for drum corps (yes it is a strong opinion sorry to offend) but I LOVED the cadets show and believe it is one of the best cadets shows of the decade.

Over- Colts and Crown. Colts were clean (ish) and played well. I scratched my head the whole show wondering what exactly was going on. And where was the drill? And the lack of technique with the little demand they had was very evident. But I did like thier closer and found myself humming it throughout the season. As for Crown they needed to move ALOT more and half of thier show+some felt like a ballad. But they played very well particularly, of course, when they weren't moving.

To tag on some lesser opinions

Under- Phantom, Boston

Over- Academy, Madison, BK

All of this is my ever so humble opinion. :ph34r:

overrated: blue devils, cavies, SCV

underated: crown

I think the blue devils were way overrated, their opening segment was really cool, but then they lost me. Cavies were ok i guess, their show just didnt seem like a cavies show to me. And although SCV was really good, I think if finals werent in california, Crown would have taken 5th.

overrated: blue devils, cavies, SCV

underated: crown

I think the blue devils were way overrated, their opening segment was really cool, but then they lost me. Cavies were ok i guess, their show just didnt seem like a cavies show to me. And although SCV was really good, I think if finals werent in california, Crown would have taken 5th.

They were like 2 tenths apart, who cares?