Next Great American Band reality TV show?

Did not the Empire Statesmen of Rochester, the DCA corps, try a mini-corps that did one of these TV reality talent shows? I think it was in '13 or '14.

Look at Jeff's post two before yours...that is what you are referring to.

I was a finalist on this show with a band called Denver & The Mile High Orchestra. This thread makes me giggle.

If you were or still in the Denver's band I am impressed. Great group. As a trumpet player we have performed a number of their charts in the past and the lead parts are no piece of cake.

Yes, StarOrg. I was the full time lead trumpet player for Denver & The Mile High Orchestra for a little over 10 years. I have since 2013 stepped down from my full time spot with them to have a "real job with a real life" (got the job covered but not sure about the "life" part). Though no longer full time, I still do sub on occasions. I was on every album between 2003 and 2013 (my last album with them was the Hymns album).

TV is the problem. It needs to die a slow painful death.

I stopped watching TV 4 years ago and have never looked back. Youtube is going to kill it anyway.

Yes, StarOrg. I was the full time lead trumpet player for Denver & The Mile High Orchestra for a little over 10 years. I have since 2013 stepped down from my full time spot with them to have a "real job with a real life" (got the job covered but not sure about the "life" part). Though no longer full time, I still do sub on occasions. I was on every album between 2003 and 2013 (my last album with them was the Hymns album).

Is that you demoing the Kanstul 1500B on UT? Cuz that cat can play.

DCI should do more to collect celebrity success stories. I didn't know about Al Chez except through this website.

• Like 1