What do the Scouts need to do to become more competetive?

As for the details like execution, give it time. This was a young group with a new staff. Experience will iron out the mistakes.

As for show design, thet need to look at the shows they were doing in the mid 90's. like the Pirate show.

Yeah, where did the visual guys go that put together that show...or the JCS show?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL.

Maybe for encores...but that chart needs some more time off, I think.

It's possible to do Spanish/Latin without using "Malaga" or "Malaguena"....if they even went that route again.

I think the whole rock music idea of this year could be fun to see pop up again....kind of a reverse take on Crown 2004's classical opener/modern ballad....go with a rock opener and classical ballad.

If they did Queen show (someone needs to, #### it), the pre-show could be "Flash's Theme".

"Flash! Ah-ahhhhh! Saviour of the universe!":P

The Who's "Tommy" might be an interesting choice. It hasn't been done in awhile.

wow...so young...so bitter.

does someone need a hug? a hotpocket? a Kiltlifter?

An eggo waffle?

Oh okay. Start all over again with and entirely new staff and new board of directors. Because ya know, they didn't JUST do that this year.

Wash, rinse, repeat as needed.

It didn't work very well this year. Doesn't mean it shouldn't tried again with the RIGHT people.

My opinion ---

1.Retain members

2.somehow get a lot more of the talent in WI and surrounding states to come to Scouts

My answer is very simple... why do they have to be better? Were they not good enough? Couldn't you ask this question of every single corps? I think it's ######## that so many people have gotten on here and bashed the BoD, the Director, the staff, etc. etc., all in the assumption that there is something "wrong" with the Madison Scouts. They're a drum corps just like all the rest of them, and for you people to stand up here and say that there is a problem with the board and so forth is slinging mud in its finest form.

I have no interest and know no one in the Madison Scouts, and have not for years. I have no reason to not enjoy the hell out of their shows. They've been very entertaining, and this year was NOT an exception.

For anyone on here to say that this year was an organizational problem is pathetic. Staff turnover happens people, and for everyone who cheered on Crown to make the top 6, someone had to leave.

I really wish you people who think they know what's best for these corps would take stock in the simple FACT that for every corps that goes up a spot, one goes down. Going down in the standings doesn't indicate ANY FAILURE WHATSOEVER. That's why we like this activity, isn't it? I mean, for ####'s sakes, why don't we just fold everyone who doesn't make finals. Isn't that what everyone *doesn't* want? So the Scouts end up out of Finals again. SO ####### WHAT! They had a very solid year, and those kids did a fabulous job with a show that started out rough. Their staff came a long way, and cut their teeth on center stage.

Drum corps compete, but unless you want to go to "festival" ratings and give everyone "superior" and "excellent", you better get over the fact that your favorite corps may go down in the standings, and THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT CORPS. ####.