The Cadet Pattern

Losing 50+ ageouts in 2007 might have an effect on their placement in 2008.

They lose 40 or 50 every year...

Not making a prediction, just saying that this shouldnt be a big deal in and of itself....

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cadets

1990 - 1st

1991 - 6th

1992 - 2nd

1993 - 1st

2005 - 1st

2006 - 5th

2007 - 2nd

2008 - 1st?

Interesting, isn't it. I mean, whenever the Cadets have a bad year, they always seem to rebound (2004-2005) (4th-1st), (1999-2000) (4th-1st).

Anyone else find this odd?

So they will rebound off their bad 2nd place finish this year and get 1st next year? I understand the multi-year assumption of this rebound, but I can't see how a 2nd place finish can really be considered bad.

They lose 40 or 50 every year...

Not making a prediction, just saying that this shouldnt be a big deal in and of itself....

And they usually have a lot of rookies anyways.....

Interesting, isn't it. I mean, whenever the Cadets have a bad year, they always seem to rebound (2004-2005) (4th-1st), (1999-2000) (4th-1st).

Anyone else find this odd?

1992- Fast

1993-ASKDJALSJKDHASJF Fast

2007-#@($AKLSDJAKLSDJASODJALSKDJASKLD Fast

2008-??? (I'm scared, my legs are still tired from finals week lol)

Losing 50+ ageouts in 2007 might have an effect on their placement in 2008.

Please don't make up numbers. You're off by a lot.

And they usually have a lot of rookies anyways.....

A little more than half of the hornline was. The guard's average age was like 17 or 18, there were a good amount of 16 years olds with like 1/2 rookies i believe. The entire bassline except for one member were all first years. Tenor line was like 1/2 1/2

Thats so odd.I was thinking the exact thing yesterday while driving. I even did the math in my head without wrecking! B)

I guess we'll see in 08

P.S is 1992 worth downloading? I've never seen or heard it once!

Absolutely..one of Cadets Best Shows.

To note this used to happen to Cavaliers alot in the 90's. They would win and then be guaranteed to be like 4th place the next year or even worse. In fact that is why I did not try out there in 2001. Mike Tarr who marched there for 7 years and taught there for 4 told me the year after they win for whatever reason is usually just kind of weird and sluggish. SO instead I went to Cadets. Had a great time but looks like I was wrong about Cavies being sluggish. LOL

As far as Cadets having a bad year then placing 1st or 2nd the next year or next couple of years. I figured it out when I marched there. A vet told me that 2001 was nothing more than en experiment by George. See After Cadets win George tries usually a really push the envelope crazy design show to see if it takes. OR they write a show that is so rediculous hard that the kids are ridding on the edge of killing themeselves and breaking their necks the whole show. Here is a couple of years where this has happened and it is usually following a championship. 91 Cadets pushes the envelope weird design, Then they followed those years with championship type performances because GEORGE just wanted to Win again. Then 1999, Show so rediculous hard kids were almost not making it through it. Hells Kitchen at 230bm. Then 2001. No real show concept just a bunch of tunes and George even said that year he wanted to get away from the whole story telling thing. IF it were not for one of the best hornlines to ever come through Cadets and a rediculous Drumline that won and good M&M we would have been 4th. 2006 Was a show that George pushed with design that people had a hard time following. Now you can argue that 2007 was the same but he added alot more popcorn GE becuase he really wanted to win. They will be 1st or 2nd until next year at worse 3rd and only out of 2nd by a couple of tenths. They will not be 4th or 5th again until after they win. Thats the Year George will try another experiment.

I don't know thats just my take