Phantom Show ideas for next year

See Phantom Regiment 1998 I believe. 8th place.

i guess the fact that phantom was really young that year has nothing to do with it.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love it! :doh: Don't forget Mendelsohn, "Midsummer's Night Dream." :ph34r: If anybody is unfamiliar with this music, look it up--great stuff! If you've ever been in The Majestic Theatre in San Antonio, the decor on the walls and ceiling surrounding the stage look like the place was designed for this play/music! Amazing place! Not the greatest acoustics, but great atmosphere.

Music for Shakespeare...wow! Hamlet, MacBeth...maybe Lady MacBeth? Tchaik opera, yes? Been a while...some of the details of who wrote what escapes me. You young guys studying music remind me.

The Mendelsohn is equal parts dainty, equal parts bombastic--that unique quality that Phantom does better than anybody. I guess I should throw in that IMHO tag to that statement.

Technical. Musical. Technical and Musical. Check it out if you're not familiar with it!

The Majestic is a unique a beautiful theatre. I enjoyed going to the symphony there, much better than Lila Cockeral.

The Nendelsohn does have some very beautiful parts in it.