Garfield Alumni has his say on the QF booing

If Hop doesn't pull those "kids" off the field for hash marks, NO ONE BOOS!!!

I didn't hear any boos as they entered the field the FIRST time. Things got ugly when George stopped the show and poked us in the audience with a stick one too many times. His fault, his fault, his fault...get it!?!

Please let the 2008 season come quickly so we can forget about this madness.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, aren't we talking about the same corps that tweaked their narration purposely to thwart heckling? Of all corps, I'd expect the Cadets to be the ones most thoroughly prepared for non-standard crowd reaction.

(And before someone puts words in my mouth - no, I'm not condoning said crowd reaction....)

A few smaller responses here and there, sure.

This was easily 10x worse than anything they had encountered so far.

By the next night they were prepared and nailed it.

what was the title of this thread again? who started it, oh yea and the other threads about it - you know that booze /booing one, who started that, oh yea

not saying they are the only ones to ever talk about booing but they are the ones that currently want to keep talking about it and bringing it up with OPs

You don't have to read the thread...the title of this one was pretty obvious.

And BTW...the guy who started the booze one is not a Cadet...he marched snare with Blessed Sac in the late 60's and he marches snare with the Cabs alumni today, in addition to judging band shows. His son is in the NJ div III Raiders.

IMO he is correct in that thread.

If Hop doesn't pull those "kids" off the field for hash marks, NO ONE BOOS!!!

I didn't hear any boos as they entered the field the FIRST time. Things got ugly when George stopped the show and poked us in the audience with a stick one too many times. His fault, his fault, his fault...get it!?!

Please let the 2008 season come quickly so we can forget about this madness.

No, not his fault. The fault of the Rose Bowl field staff for not doing the job they were contracted to do.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kyle B @ Aug 28 2007, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->you can not separate George Hopkins from the Cadets

I still don't buy this logic. But I'll go along with it to show you how silly it is...

Did you know The Cadets asked for the hash marks to be repainted?

Did you see The Cadets yelling at Dan Acheson?

Did you see all the rules changes championed by The Cadets?

Edited by atlvalet

And BTW...the guy who started the booze one is not a Cadet...he marched snare with Blessed Sac in the late 60's and he marches snare with the Cabs alumni today, in addition to judging band shows. His son is in the NJ div III Raiders.

Agreed - this is not one of those cadet vs the world threads, and no cadet member or fan is making it out to be. I also continue to find it hilarious that every 'booing apologist', claims that they werent one of the ones booing, but they understand why it happened. Where are these brave souls that booed? I thought dcp was a good representation of the fan base, and since there were thousands booing that night, there should be hundreds (or at least dozens) on here telling us why they booed.

Im waiting.... :music:

Unfortunately for you Phantombari1, by trying to explain why you think people booed the Cadets at QF, you've almost talked yourself into justifying it, despite your disclaimer at the beginning. :music:

There is a big difference between explaining something and condoning it.

really, that guy (the OP) said many times he hung out with George Hopkins… after finals so I think that kind of counts as part of the Cadets Borg ‘I was with Hopkins at John Hannigan's lake house last Sunday.’

My point was this - the 2 threads talking about booing currently on the front page were started by Cadet fans, friends or alumni - they are the only threads that are currently active on booing - Cadets want to talk about it - they want to tell us how naughty we are, how we are bad fans, how we didn’t get their show, how they were misunderstood

I stand by my statement, had they won – it’d not be the huge issue it is for them now, they would have claimed they showed them booers up and pushed it back in their face. Some would have said they were inspired by the booers – with another ring on their fingers, I’d doubt most of the Borg would give much of a toss about this booing

But they didn’t win and they want to take it out on the fans, tell us how embarrass and ashamed they were, how they were greatly wrong

So I see it as poor sportsmanship

really, that guy (the OP) said many times he hung out with George Hopkins… after finals so I think that kind of counts as part of the Cadets Borg ‘I was with Hopkins at John Hannigan's lake house last Sunday.’

My point was this - the 2 threads talking about booing currently on the front page were started by Cadet fans, friends or alumni - they are the only threads that are currently active on booing - Cadets want to talk about it - they want to tell us how naughty we are, how we are bad fans, how we didn’t get their show, how they were misunderstood

I stand by my statement, had they won – it’d not be the huge issue it is for them now, they would have claimed they showed them booers up and pushed it back in their face. Some would have said they were inspired by the booers – with another ring on their fingers, I’d doubt most of the Borg would give much of a toss about this booing

But they didn’t win and they want to take it out on the fans, tell us how embarrass and ashamed they were, how they were greatly wrong

So I see it as poor sportsmanship

Was there tons of debate about amplification / show design / audience reception after 2005 for the cadets - yup

Oh, and didnt the guy who started this thread march crown? :music: