Garfield Alumni has his say on the QF booing

#### it, you people overreact. Some people were frustrated with what they saw, and Hopkins egged it on. It happened, no one was proud of it, but seriously, when the guy stops the show for what was perceived to be petty, he got booed. So ####### what.

Now we're going to get all righteous about it? The guy put it on his blog, so if you want to be all sad and mournful about it, put it on his blog. In the meantime, the kids - who are quite well aware that the fans weren't booing their performance - have moved on. Some corps wear the white hat some years, and some years they wear the black hat. The Cadets donned the dark sombrero in 2007, and we're just making Mt Everest out of an anthill...

And I thought the Crown-is-the-new-Star thread was a dead equine...

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the meantime, the kids - who are quite well aware that the fans weren't booing their performance - have moved on.

Not booing their performance? Hearing some of the things that were yelled from the stands not only in quarters but particularly in finals, makes me think otherwise.

<snip>

and on a different but somehow related note:

I was hoping someone could enlighten me on something: I have heard that the reason why the Cadets do not participate in I&E is (besides to get in a full rehearsal day) because they don`t believe in the individual showman? Or something like that....as in no individual is to stand out among the others. We perform as a whole kind of mentality. Is this true?

Cadets haven't done I&E because according to them, the summer isn't about working together to perform as individuals and small ensembles, the summer is about working together to perform their show excellently, why split focus?

Some Drum Corps folks believe that's a good philosophy and others believe it's not, but either way, it's been Cadet's stance on it for a long time now.

Peace,

CuriousMe

Not booing their performance? Hearing some of the things that were yelled from the stands not only in quarters but particularly in finals, makes me think otherwise.

A wonderful example of audience participation!

I didn`t hear it as much on finals night, but the funniest thing I heard was on quarters night....

At the begining when the four voices come together to say something....i forgot the exact words they say " we believe in Practice, Hard work, community--(then someone from the audience yells) HASHMARKS!"

i will be honest, it was kinda funny....

The next was when the Napolean voice came on at quarters. "When i was in high school I didn`t fit in--(someone from the audiece yells) TELL IT TO OPRAH!!"

I again found myself chuckling.

It is just like the door from the previous two years. Did someone actually expect the crowd to be silent while Dani went to open the door?

Lets just say that the door was wide open for participation from the crowd this year......And I am almost certain that that door was propped wide open by the show coordinator of the Cadets. Who was that again?

EUREKA!

Edited by cwillpayne

Quarter finals night was a very sad night for drum corps. But, was it the most degrading moment in drum corps history? Was that night worst than the 93 Star booing fiasco?

In 1993, especially at Preview of Champions in Ypsilanti, those that booed Star waited until the scores were announced. I'll let others make up their own minds if booing prior to and during a show is worse.

People will still be bringing this up in the 2018 season, considering that the booing of Star of Indiana still gets dredged up every month . . . 14 years after the fact.

Do you think people will be booing Star's show in 2018 when they've returned to DVI? :sshh:

I was hoping someone could enlighten me on something: I have heard that the reason why the Cadets do not participate in I&E is (besides to get in a full rehearsal day) because they don`t believe in the individual showman? Or something like that....as in no individual is to stand out among the others. We perform as a whole kind of mentality........

I admire that.