Sounding Similar

1. Phantom Regiment this year sounds like a typical SCV show

Flower Duet? Not a chance.

Glass? Maybe. But just because SCV played Glass once (99...I can't think of others off the top of my head...anyone else?)...they don't own Glass or anything.

Flower Duet sounds like exactly one drum corps. That is pure, glorious, textbook Regiment!

Edited by festive

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really think corps are trying to be like anyone corps ... but I do have a hard time when corps do tunes that a another corps has already done it a few years back. Im not sure who has the time but look up SCV tunes that they have done and then look at other corps and see where it pops up. I think this year alone I heard tunes that SCV has done in the past. Over the years I've listened to Cadets, Boston, Crown etc ... play charts and me sit up and say ... HEY SCV played that!

Someone needs new uniforms! i only got to see pictures but from far away its hard to tell surf and spirit apart. And with names like Jersey Suf and Pacific crest there could be some humurous mis-speak next summer.

Someone needs new uniforms! i only got to see pictures but from far away its hard to tell surf and spirit apart. And with names like Jersey Suf and Pacific crest there could be some humurous mis-speak next summer.

I just had a nice phone conversation with the director of Jersey Surf and I came away very impressed. You meet some of the people in corps like that and you realize the only difference between them and the biggies is years of establishment and funding. There are some very talented people running corps this days!

I hadn't been to a show for a number of years, so imagine my surprise when each corps sounded like.............each other!

You know, when I went to the first two Classic Countdowns back in '04 and '05, I couldn't help but think some of the older corps that made it into the lineup all sounded, and looked (both in uniforms, and a lot of drill sets) relatively similar. To each his own I guess...

Bluecoats this year reminded me of a typical BD show.

Edited by Carl306

Vanguard Cadets and Blue Devils B remind me of SCV and Blue Devils :P :P