Muchachos 1975

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, and that will probably be the next project. There are some 70 and 71 too.

Any chance some Sr. corps are on the 71 tapes? I'm mainly interested in the NY Skyliners show from that year but, I'm pretty sure we didn't appear anywhere with the Troopers ... 71 was one of the years missing from the Haas tapes ...

Thanks,

Andy

Any chance some Sr. corps are on the 71 tapes? I'm mainly interested in the NY Skyliners show from that year but, I'm pretty sure we didn't appear anywhere with the Troopers ... 71 was one of the years missing from the Haas tapes ...

Sorry, no seniors in the videotape library from 71.

Sorry, no seniors in the videotape library from 71.

Scott... How about Sky 75or any other seniors????

• 1 month later...
Do you mean the Crossmen?

The Crossmen were disqualified in 1976.......however, they were not ranked in the top 8 at the time......they may have had a longshot chance at finals, but they had lost consistently to some of the corps ranked at the bottom end of finals........they were also disqualified at a regular DCI contest in Sevierville, Tn.......not sure what the date of the show was......they were not allowed to compete in DCI sanctioned shows for the remainder of the year, although they did do some exhibitions, and also did compete in some non-DCI sanctioned shows.

GB

• 1 month later...
That is the exact story I got from both Don Pesceone and Bob Briske. Neither one even looked at the sheets. The previous weekend, the corps was fourth at the finals of the World Open. Consider the scores from that contest: Blue Devils 91.05, SCV 89.05, 27th Lancers 87.40, Muchachos 86.50. They would have had to make up just over 4.5 points to have won prelims from Worlds, a rumor that refuses to die, and they would have had to do it in six days.

However, the scores from the CYO Nationals showed a very different outcome! Anyone have them handy?

However, the scores from the CYO Nationals showed a very different outcome! Anyone have them handy?

Scouts 90.55, Muchachos 88.7, BD 87.45, SCV 86.8, 27 85.3

1975 CYO Nationals:

Madison Scouts - 90.55

Muchachos - 88.70

Blue Devils - 87.45

SC Vanguard - 86.80

27th Lancers - 85.30

Kilties - 83.40

Garfield Cadets - 80.05

Phantom regiment - 79.10

Royal Crusaders - 78.25

St. Francis Sancians - 71.25

Boston Crusaders - 64.00

Pembroke Imperials - 60.60

Listening to the recording, it certainly sounds like they would have been top three. That sound is ridiculous.