Mini Corps Reports?

I'm with you, Paul. It's all about the music. I hung up my marching shoes some time ago. (and replaced them with 40 or so lbs! - at least I had fun packin' it on)

Tom,

I'm not saying that Mass Brass would never do drill, we'd just have to disguise our coolers to look like props on stage! :grouphug:

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOLOLOL......so, he should keep his comments to strictly to ####### drummers??????

yes, but most of the comments were geared toward the ###### bugles,...... ^0^

Tom, mallets are alwasy considered as part of the overall percussion caption. Usually designated front sideline or pit versus the leg line or battery. Depending on the judging organization thay are almost always under the purvey of the percussion judge.

Jim

The way I understand it, there was one percussion major on the panel. Seems like the right mix, 3 to 1 , unless half your group were drums.

And the mallets should have been considered as part of the ensemble in ALL the music sub-captions - right?

Somebody chime in if they have a better undestanding of this.

The way I understand it, there was one percussion major on the panel. Seems like the right mix, 3 to 1 , unless half your group were drums.

And the mallets should have been considered as part of the ensemble in ALL the music sub-captions - right?

Somebody chime in if they have a better undestanding of this.

Been doin' this since 1993 and have NEVER seen a percussion caption sheet nor a drill caption sheet. This was discussed on DCP at some lenght the last couple years. Not even, as best I can remember, a subcaption. The catch-all for this, I believe, falls under "Visual Enhancement". Just sayin........Methinks the percussion major, to which you refer, was not there to judge percussion per se but simply as a qualified DCA judge to complete the panel as required. I could be wrong though.........

Edited by melligene

Gene.........I thought Tom posted a rhetorical question as to where/how percussion is judged universally. My bad. I plead ignorance of the current DCA sheets since when we (Archie) competed at the inaugural I&E and subsequent years the sheet criteria were kept broad.

Been doin' this since 1993 and have NEVER seen a percussion caption sheet nor a drill caption sheet. This was discussed on DCP at some lenght the last couple years. Not even, as best I can remember, a subcaption. The catch-all for this, I believe, falls under "Visual Enhancement". Just sayin........

Cut 1.5 minutes from the showtimes and 2 more groups play in the time of 18.Move alumni to saturday morning and have a fielded mini corps sunday morning. Charge $10.00 for minicorps and $10.00 for fielded minicorps.Pays for judges and DCA makes more money.I also think it may cut down on the rude people in the audience who have to talk through the entire minicorps show <**> . If enough people pay for sunday morning to pay for itself, keep it.The fans win by getting 2 full days in the sun watching drumcorps.

The only problem with that is working around rehearsal schedules for player in field corps. Just and FYI.

Joe

Actually it was written in on the sheet as a judges comment. I thought I saw a box... or two... maybe I did, the beer was cold... b**bs

but that doesn't change the fact that Xtreme was not credited for the two mallet players... <**>

and as a side note, nobody from Xtreme is complaining about not winning, for us it wasn't about winning, we did our thing and we did it proud, but we do want the credit for what we do. I think the DVD will speak volumes for what I am talking about for those of you who didn't get to see our show.

Where can we purchase teh DVD

Gene.........I thought Tom posted a rhetorical question as to where/how percussion is judged universally. My bad. I plead ignorance of the current DCA sheets since when we (Archie) competed at the inaugural I&E and subsequent years the sheet criteria were kept broad.

Jim.....since Minicorps' as we now know it seemed to evolve from mixed ensemble I would guess they are using similar judgeing criteria. Broad....being the operative word. Wish I had our Mixed Ensemble sheets from '92 for comparrison. Probably very similar. Mr. Pronti....??

I probably still have mine..........now to search the archives..........

Jim.....since Minicorps' as we now know it seemed to evolve from mixed ensemble I would guess they are using similar judgeing criteria. Broad....being the operative word. Wish I had our Mixed Ensemble sheets from '92 for comparrison. Probably very similar. Mr. Pronti....??