Sunrisers

Wow! I am impressed. Got up this morning after a very long drive from Rachacha to Virginia to discover that the Sunrisers are the 2007 DCA class A champions! Not that I doubted that you guys could do it, but you must admit to a slow start at the beginning of the season. Only hard work and dedication could explain what you have accomplished this season. You topped some great competition! Honestly, on the drive back South after the Alumni Spectacular (Fantastic Show) I commented that the Govies had a lock on 1st place. Man was I wrong! My congratulations to the Govies for a great show. SoCal also made great progress, but Sunrisers you win the prize! Congratulations!!!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.. Congrats!

I have to say that, with what they had to work with.. the show and the personnel, I really thought they were the corps to beat. (Easy for me to claim that NOW, isn't it? :P I told my own son, who's with another A corps - that they had their work cut out for them to beat Sun).

Sounds like Govies and So Cal ALSO had some horses and gave them a real run for the title.

Hope that this is the beginning of a resurgence of Sunriser glory, and that we see them contending for a finals spot in 2008!

Edited by brassomaniac

New administration, new instructors, new attitude, lots of hard work and dedication by members and a supportive alumni group over the past year.

Congratulations to the Sunrisers 2007 version! You peaked at the right time and like years past, came on stronger and stronger in August.

Super job, now enjoy the moment!

We alumni are extremely proud! Reminds me of 1977.

Edited by SunSnare83

Congratulations to my "alma mater"! :) :) :)

i think you may be right.

Check me on this....isn;t Sun now the first DCA corps to take Class A and Open?? (OK....they were years apart, but still...)

Like first to win both categories?

Sky did that.

Wow, amazing year for Sun. The first show was a little rough, but a few short weeks later they were kicking butt. That says alot about the corp's membership, staff and support. Way to go SUN!]

Good to see the Orange, White and Blue on their way back.

Great job, guys!