If DC became something you didn't like anymore

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think it would ever become something i didn't like... unless it totally changed its mission statement. Of course Drum Corps. is going to change and those changes at first woudl get under my skin if i really didn't like it. But deep down i need a good DC fix every now and then and would eventually shut up and conform.... that is, until the next minor change :D

Translation

Am i upset about some current and proposed future changes... yes

Is there anything i can do about them - no

But frankly, I need a hobbie

And I love the activity.

I would find a popular drum corps online forum, go on, and ##### and moan about how terrible things are today until I'm blue in the virtual face. At least, that seems to be the cool thing to do.

Edit:This has nothing to do with people in this particular thread so much as it does various people on DCP in general.

Edited by zachariaswmb

No, it's more If you don't love anything about DCI - we don't want to hear from you....."

Well then I guess I can keep posting. :)

Since I'm the guy who started this want to clear up one point.

And I'm speaking for my self only...

Posting I don't watch Div I anymore is not a complaint from me it's just stating a fact. I'm not angry, not upset and currently typing this with normal blood pressure. When I was younger it probably would highly tick me off that I don't fully enjoy all Drum Corps. With a few decades of life experiences (including some very nasty ones) under my belt, this has become such a low priority that skipping shows doesn't even register.

Having said that, I do follow what goes on in DCI because I do care about the members and the activity itself.

This is a valid point and one that helps me to better understand how some (but not all) Good Ole Daysers come across. I appreciate that you have made this observation and put it here for the rest of us.

I'm definately a 'Good Ole Dayser' but I feel like I have managed to get beyond whining about it. I still go to live shows and find something that I can enjoy in most of them. I still like being around the activity and the young people who dedicate such a large chunk of their lives to it. I still like the basic premise that living on a bus all summer builds character.

I admire your ability to compartmentalize your prejudices about days gone by and embrace the good things remaining in the activity. More of us "olde phartes" could take a lesson from you, sir! If we could all take off the "good ole days" blinders and accept that it's not "our" drum corps anymore, but still has the important characteristics which define it as a phenominal sport/art form (whichever you prefer), character builder, value definer, personal/team responsibility teacher, and good old clean (for the most part) fun - everyone would be much happier! Kudos to you, notelvis! :doh:

Edited by ^Michael^

Since I'm the guy who started this want to clear up one point.

And I'm speaking for my self only...

Posting I don't watch Div I anymore is not a complaint from me it's just stating a fact. I'm not angry, not upset and currently typing this with normal blood pressure. When I was younger it probably would highly tick me off that I don't fully enjoy all Drum Corps. With a few decades of life experiences (including some very nasty ones) under my belt, this has become such a low priority that skipping shows doesn't even register.

Having said that, I do follow what goes on in DCI because I do care about the members and the activity itself.

I applaud you, as well, Jim, for a healthy and mature attitude on this sometimes highly emotional topic! You have my respect, sir! ^OO^

I applaud you, as well, Jim, for a healthy and mature attitude on this sometimes highly emotional topic! You have my respect, sir! ^OO^

Thank you and we'll have to share a drink and our differing thoughts some time.

Not to mention our favorite Ron White routines.... :P

Oh geesh <$1 to Archie Bunker> time to get ready to drive to practice. :)

Edited by JimF-3rdBari