So what do we want the cadets to be?

Someone needs to tell George that narration isnt working, it isnt unifying the community, it doesnt mystify the masses , leave them with dropped jaws, begging for more and the rest of the corps scrambling to find out how to use it and top it. Its turning the Cadets into a sad parody of themselves and will eventually leave them playing catch up if they are not careful and wake up real soon.

Whoever makes that call to YEA!, be sure to call up Kevin Smith of Crown and David Glassgow of the Bluecoats as well.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, not a chance all week. And especially not a chance to "win easily" they put on the performance of a lifetime Friday night and still lost to a less than perfect BD corps. They had no chance, they won all three nights, so how can anyone claim that Cadets should have won easily if the didnt win at all, with three chances ???

Sure, it could be his opinion that they were better, to him, that doesnt make it so.

~G~

You're right. They had no chance according to the judges and the current system. Friday night BD should have been overtaken, and when the judges decided otherwise, it was over.

I don't think BD's show was unstoppable by any means (especially in comparison to The Cadets) other than DCI deciding it was so.

Edited by TXMystreaux

I want The Cadets to be true to The Cadets.

As for the fans, the critics, the judges, and everybody else - thank you very much. You have a very nice drum corps.

Perfect Stu :D

Peace,

Cathie

I want the cadets to be the kick ### corps they were up until 2000, not the namby pamby artsy fartsy narration making corps they are now.

Can't say it much better than that myself.

There were so many great drum corps moments in this show. Great energy and passion, fast tempos, cool drill, sweet music, a drumline that threw down and a freaking LOUD hornline (I had my tv on the same volume level for BD and Cadets, the difference was incredible). I guess what I'm getting at here is that I realized last night that the Cadets program this year was superior in so many ways that it's sad that they didn't take it home.

And if the show had been centered around THOSE moments instead of using them to highlight all the crappy narration, they probably would have won.

Sure, it could be his opinion that they were better, to him, that doesnt make it so.

~G~

Please point to where he said it WAS so. The only qualifier I saw in the post you jumped on was "IMO", which... last I checked, meant "IN MY OPINION."

He's entitled to think that the Cadets were the better corps. I think the Cadets were the better corps. I'm sure others feel the same.

It does not change the fact that the Blue Devils were deemed superior by the judges. And the fact that you are so quick to jump on differing OPINIONS makes you look insecure with their win, like you NEED to justify it.

You don't. BD won. Congrats to them.

I want the Cadets to be that drum corps that made me want to do what they do when I first saw them. And ya know what, they are still that drum corps with or without narration, Hopkins, or any of the much-loved controversy that seems to follow them around. (by much-loved I mean the fans love the controversy and no matter what they do I believe they will always be made an example of.) I don't like narration, but I do love the cadets. The SAME CADETS they have always been and will always be no matter what. If anyone doubts that then you have never connected with the corps performances on a personal level. Yes the show designs have been different the past few years, but can we not all agree that even if you have yourself convinced that you hate everything about them that there is something different about them (In a good way) when they perform?

Keep it up Cadets!

A longtime fan

Edit: This is in no way meant to put down BD. Congrats on your WELL DESERVED victory.

Edited by GMmello

Please point to where he said it WAS so. The only qualifier I saw in the post you jumped on was "IMO", which... last I checked, meant "IN MY OPINION."

He's entitled to think that the Cadets were the better corps. I think the Cadets were the better corps. I'm sure others feel the same.

It does not change the fact that the Blue Devils were deemed superior by the judges. And the fact that you are so quick to jump on differing OPINIONS makes you look insecure with their win, like you NEED to justify it.

You don't. BD won. Congrats to them.

If I had a dime for every "differing" opinion I ignored, I could buy you a ticket to next years finals.....but I digress. Lets stick to the subject and try not to lower yourself and attack the poster , not the post.

BD's victory doesnt need justification by me. Im just a fan, and reality is reality. Three nights in a row is not "squeeking by" but the Cadet fans never leave well enough alone. They are never satisfied. They think they are always the best and find many angles to try and shove it down the DCP publics throats.

Spin it any way you want, keep up the effort, The season is over and BD wound up on top of a very strong field this year, an even sweeter vitcory for those kids, and their fans !! FYWW

~G~

And if the show had been centered around THOSE moments instead of using them to highlight all the crappy narration, they probably would have won.

How exactly was the narration highlighted above other parts of the show?

I can't wait for this.