DeLucia = Madden?

I question some of the "Madden" comments and if people realize that we're not talking about the "football" Madden. Or flip that and plug in "marching band" Madden!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"oh no, mr. delucia! don't say it's so!" my corps had phasing in their feet and their tubas played flat!? NEVER!!!

always finding something to be critical about. get over it.

Best use of irony I've seen here in a while.

Was it just me, or was Mr. Madden DeLucia overly critical at times? <**> What was up with that? I'd be pi$$ed if it was my corps.

Then again, I might be overly sensitive! :P

RM - if you can't say something nice, SHUT UP!

ampssuck

DeLucia was trying to fit the roll of color commentator, and they are usual the ones making the comments, whether we like them or not. :rolleyes: I personally had no problems with what he was saying.

The alternative would be Cesario returning to that position. :laugh:

Edited by sburstall

I am sure there is a better way to point out ones flaws on the biggest night of the year, that might be less degrading.

The definition of "degrading"is subjective, and it is highly unlikely that those engaged in this thread will find common ground on that point.

I didn't hear anything during the finals broadcast that was degrading.

Things seems "looser" to me during the quarterfinals broadcast. Given the difference in the audience, I thought that was appropriate.

I don't have a problem with the critical analysis ... As long as DeLucia stays away from describing show climaxes in procreative terms, ala' 2006 Quarterfinals, I'm happy. :rolleyes:

Bottom line: Dennis is spontaneous and tends to get comments out there when they occur to him. That's refreshing and, for a guy that's got no real professional broadcast background or training, I think he does a very good job.

I agree completely. Anyone here who wants to slam Dennis should take a good hard look at what he's done for Drum Corps and then STFU!

I was more than okay with it, and my corps was one of the first time get called out on something. To me, he was giving an audience member who didn't really know what they were looking at or were overwhelmed a chance to slow things down and show them how you seperate 12 great corps. No big deal to me.

Remember that DCI and ESPN are trying to keep viewers who may have flipped onto that channel on a whim. If they don't understand what they're seeing, they'll leave.

I enjoyed Dennis's comments, and didn't think they were overly harsh at all. Sure it can be hard to hear someone point out flaws in something you've worked hard on, but that's the reality of a competitive activity (and real life, for that matter.)

Just my 2 cents. :rolleyes: