Southern & Western DCA Corps Established

What’s wrong with the DCA elite traveling once in a competition year to make the whole thing better???????? That’s IT!!! Make it ALL better. We made this thing,,, lets make it better in a way that keeps the Senior tradition vibrant and prosperous.

!

Edited by WayBackBuc

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm, after considerable contemplation, research, and consulting of higher authorities, I believe the definitive answer to be unequivocally and irrespectively,

NO!

The east does not care about the west, it's just that simple.

j - :P

ampssuck

Umm, after considerable contemplation, research, and consulting of higher authorities, I believe the definitive answer to be unequivocally and irrespectively,

NO!

The east does not care about the west, it's just that simple.

j - :P

ampssuck

WOW! Are you a representative for those corps? BOLD statement that I don't think they all agree with.

BTW Block party in Sarasota if you bring your corps!!

Who said that?

What’s wrong with the DCA elite traveling once in a competition year to make the whole thing better???????? That’s IT!!! Make it ALL better. We made this thing,,, lets make it better in a way that keeps the Senior tradition vibrant and prosperous.

!

I COMPLETLY AGREE!!!

I'm game. True, it would be nice to play for the home crowd; but think of all those fans in other areas who would love to see Cabs, Sun, Sky, etc...

yes. Hurcs. they've headed south more than just this once. more like every year since W/S in 2005.

Hurcs were at the DCA South show near Annapolis, MD, in 2006 ... as were Sunrisers.

Sun again made the trip south in '07, to northern Virginia.

Given the Hurcs' location... don't they pretty much have to travel south EVERY weekend???? :P

Fran

We will continue to offer our Eastern brothers and sisters the opportunity to perform on the West Coast. Free day in San Francisco, anyone? Overnight beach party?

Barbara and I definitely want to get back to the Northern California area sometime in the near future, if at all possible. We had a great time when we were out there for the Dempsey-Mavroudis wedding bash a few years ago.

I want another chance to see the guy in downtown San Francisco who was panhandling for cash with a sign that read, "Need Money For Alcohol Research".......LOL

Fran

Hurcs were at the DCA South show near Annapolis, MD, in 2006 ... as were Sunrisers.

Sun again made the trip south in '07, to northern Virginia.

Given the Hurcs' location... don't they pretty much have to travel south EVERY weekend???? :P

Fran

Maryland & Virginia! Whew! Don't wear the wheels off the equipment truck! From down here MD & VA still look pretty far north east. A few corps did meet in Winston-Salem for a rainy show ONCE. There are two or three shows in the south EVERY year.

Y'all c'mon down!

There is a big difference in crowd size and response when comparing the north east and even the southern DCA shows. I dont know that even bringing the top five from last year would generate the size of audience that could guarantee a show sponsor to come out with a profit. So it is also a gamble for the promoters of these shows.

The established market for DCA is still in the north east, but there is growth down south and in the midwest. You know when you go to the Grand Prix or a show in Reading, or Rochester there will be a packed house of DCA enthusiasts. It is alot easier to run a show when you know you can pay the corps and judges and still have profits.

Donny

There is a big difference in crowd size and response when comparing the north east and even the southern DCA shows. I dont know that even bringing the top five from last year would generate the size of audience that could guarantee a show sponsor to come out with a profit. So it is also a gamble for the promoters of these shows.

The established market for DCA is still in the north east, but there is growth down south and in the midwest. You know when you go to the Grand Prix or a show in Reading, or Rochester there will be a packed house of DCA enthusiasts. It is alot easier to run a show when you know you can pay the corps and judges and still have profits.

Donny

I agree Donny. I also believe that there is a large DC population in NC and FL only because of retirements so if there was good PR the shows could be successful.