Let's start being specific about narration!

In 05, we just did all the narration in english when we were in Europe...

I thought it would have been cool, though it would have been crazy hard on Brian to learn it in three other languages.

Haha.....cmon wuss

figure it out :P

zwolf, elf, zein, noin, acht, seben....woooooooooo

Edited by euponitone

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha.....cmon wuss

figure it out :P

zwolf, elf, zein, noin, acht, seben....woooooooooo

Hey we didn't go to Germany :-P

Plus, I don't think any other languages have a word for "yowza" :blink:

Hey we didn't go to Germany :-P

Plus, I don't think any other languages have a word for "yowza" :blink:

Im guessing its one of those words you just dont translate....

theres plenty of english words in use in other languages because people dont know how else to frickin say it :P

We are getting alot of generalized arguments for narration. Things like "it enhances creative design", or "It tells a story".

Yes, let the music tell the story. Importantly, the middle voices, harmony ready for that solo to the toned drums during that baritone solo, to that blast of sound to prepare the ensemble and then complete expresssion. Dynamics. You do not need to talk about it, you do it and feel it. Just let the music 'talk' and it will "tell the story". You are so right, dear lady. IMO.

Nobody here wants to agree 100% of the time. There is a thrill in engaging in a lively discussion, exchanging viewpoints in a give and take manner.

But, you don't have a give-and-take manner; you don't engage in discussion; you don't answer a question put to you. You have your talking points, and you never deviate from them. You never concede that anyone has a legitimate POV, except in a dismissive, wave-of-your-hand "I've got my POV; you've got yours" attitude.

I say what I think; you say what you think. Why would I deviate from what I think?

Your above statement is typical. Others argued about you not wanting to debate seriously; your counter-argument is to say "100% agreement is boring". Huh? :blink: Bzzzzt. Non-sequitur. Misses the point entirely.

That's not engaging. That's complaining. Exactly what you accuse others of doing.

Sorry, but making personal comments and snide remarks is not engaging in a discussion.

Contrarian viewpoints are fine. However, in my opinion, you seed your responses with bits you know will get others riled up, and then profess ignorance as to why they have responded with personal attacks. But hey, you'll probably deny that too. Kinda par for the course.

Things only need to be presented Romper Room style when people refuse to acknowledge valid points and respond to questions with questions.

I present my POV. Period. If that gets you 'riled' up that's your problem, not mine. Like you, I present an opinion of what I think. Doesn't give you the right to belittle me personally.

BTW (referencing another thread), is it civil to try and marginalize people's opinions to DCI by labeling them the "DCP few?"

How is it marginalizing to call a few a few?

And why dont you give us some facts to back that statement up mister?!?!?! :P

Facts? You want facts? I'll give you a fact...

I am always right! That's a fact! :P

Oh, control your laughter and continue reading the tread for crying outloud. b**bs

Edited by DrumCorpsFan27

How is it marginalizing to call a few a few?

When you have no basis for your claim that it's "a few."

It's the old trick: Step 1: Attach a derogatory label to the person (e.g. "religious right", "right wing extremist", "limosine liberal", and so on). Step 2: Dismiss the person's argument, because in Step 1 you dismissed the person.

That's how it's marginalizing. But, hey, don't believe me, I'm just one of the "a few", right?

When you have no basis for your claim that it's "a few."

It's the old trick: Step 1: Attach a derogatory label to the person (e.g. "religious right", "right wing extremist", "limosine liberal", and so on). Step 2: Dismiss the person's argument, because in Step 1 you dismissed the person.

That's how it's marginalizing. But, hey, don't believe me, I'm just one of the "a few", right?

Do you think that the DCP posters who sent DCI a complaint are anything other than 'a few' as compared to 400,000 tickets sold to DCI events?

Do you think that the DCP posters who sent DCI a complaint are anything other than 'a few' as compared to 400,000 tickets sold to DCI events?

Can a person buy a ticket to a DCI event AND not like narration? I'm one of those. So, I don't think those two bins are mutually exclusive.

The only thing I've ever sent DCI was my money.

BTW, can I ask who's picture you have attached to your signature? After years of looking, I just have to ask, even though it's none of my business.

Bill