Cadets 08

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is what I posted derivative in any sense? The 3 pieces I recommended are some of the best things of Ticheli's work that I've heard, and he is a pretty skilled composer otherwise he wouldn't be as successful as he is. Explain yourself.

Derivative, as in appearing to be heavily influenced by some other source. Familiar, without the originality. Is that better?

Thats a first blush opinion so relax yourself. If you disagree, just say so and move along.

Derivative, as in appearing to be heavily influenced by some other source. Familiar, without the originality. Is that better?

Thats a first blush opinion so relax yourself. If you disagree, just say so and move along.

Well....what music isn't?

Don't tell me to relax because you make a critical statement with no substance and I ask you to explain yourself.

Edited by Einstein On The Beach

I hear Stravinsky stole a lot of ideas from Vesuvius.

oh... wait...

~>conner

Curious, and I mean this sincerely. . .how would you design a show around his music without including his music?

The 2005 show was designed around several tunes that weren't necessarily given credit in the end.

Also, I recall in one of the espn2 broadcasts that the Cavies' design process was discussed. They would listen to CDs not to necessarily play the music on those CDs, but to borrow ideas for how the show would sound.