Blue Devils Encore Performance in HD.

Hey all, I remember seeing people asking if the encore performance would be available anywhere.

I'd just like to let you all know that the Blue Devils are offering their encore performance in full HD for $4.99.

It's available here in the MediaBox.

http://www.bluedevils.org/mediabox/index.php?oscID=989

thats a #### cool idea, seriously. hell yeah, bd.

post-watching it (quicktime preview) - thats a ####, #### (capitalized) cool idea. sweet camera angles, too. the one from really far away with all the flashbulbs going off, awesome.

after second viewing....cmon, drumline, really? that part at the beginning really wasnt hard at all, good thing that was an encore run.

eh, not worth it, this thread shouldnt be a negative one. i hope this dci in hd concept catches on, it really looks great. the pants look amazing, especially.

Edited by Jared_mello

Its better than DVD quality, but not full HD. The video says its only 540i or 540p. I am sure "HD" starts at 720p. They said the formatted it for apple TV. Well folks, the apple TV can play up to 720p! I hope they mean not to mislead.

Luke

Wow. honestly, to me, they look way faster in this video for some reason... after the opener, I'd be huffing and puffing..

Awesome video! I hope this video drives DCI in the right direction in terms of High Definition content. The sound on this video was a little muffled but I don't think the audio was recorded using the equipment that DCI used for the judge shows.

This should happen every year!

They actually did Bb tuning and their drum warm-up. Then they did an encore performance of their show sans shakos. Good stuff. Pay attention to the drummers during the ballad. :rolleyes:

The encore performance was spectacular. Much better, in terms of raw energy, than the actual finals performance.

Somebody said they look faster. I think that's because they had shakos off, so they didn't just look like blobs of dark blue and black. Those colors make the drill look sleek, but I've always thought they mask or mute the apparent demand of their marching book, hence all of the bizarre comments I see about their visual programs being easy and whatever. I'd love for them to put a bigger accent of some sort of lighter hue on the upper body, and maybe even the hands, kind of like the Cavies, whose uniforms have the opposite effect.

Anyway, this video is way cool. I think people will enjoy it. :)

They actually did Bb tuning and their drum warm-up. Then they did an encore performance of their show sans shakos. Good stuff. Pay attention to the drummers during the ballad. :rolleyes:

The encore performance was spectacular. Much better, in terms of raw energy, than the actual finals performance.

Somebody said they look faster. I think that's because they had shakos off, so they didn't just look like blobs of dark blue and black. Those colors make the drill look sleek, but I've always thought they mask or mute the apparent demand of their marching book, hence all of the bizarre comments I see about their visual programs being easy and whatever. I'd love for them to put a bigger accent of some sort of lighter hue on the upper body, and maybe even the hands, kind of like the Cavies, whose uniforms have the opposite effect.

Anyway, this video is way cool. I think people will enjoy it. :)

you make a very good point. when i watch the performances of our show from this year, i think wow the drill doesn't look very physically demanding. however, watch a video or drop by a rehearsal when we aren't in uniform and you will see otherwise.

I just watched the full encore...what brought home to me what I missed out on but for that 1/10th of a point was the look on the red-headed euph's face after the end of the show....about to break into tears...just as I was about to when I saw his face.

Whoever you are, thanks from this old alum for letting me live that experience through you!

btw...I thought marching without the shakos was cool....let 'em see yer faces!

BTW...what DID the battery yell near the end....right before the slow push?