What hats do you prefer?

Aelius

i like my band's crossmen-esque aussies a lot, but if i were in charge ... we'd be wearing trilbys. accexfedorarj2.th.jpg

nothing screams cool like a fedora with a rakish tilt. BD would probably look good in them.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like my band's crossmen-esque aussies a lot, but if i were in charge ... we'd be wearing trilbys. accexfedorarj2.th.jpg

nothing screams cool like a fedora with a rakish tilt. BD would probably look good in them.

I like this hat, very, very classy.

No one has said anything about berets yet contras wear them, I think. Lots of people don't like shakos but I have seen some with a great plume. It's all the plume when there is wind or turns, that visual thing. Headgear that moves or not? Depends on your corps style and 'signature'.

Put me down for shakos (with a chain of course). A close second is the Bellville helmet. Those were very cool looking.

My high school guard used to wear the Busby shakos, but they called them the "elephant tampons" and that sort of ruined them for me!

:lookaround:

I like this hat, very, very classy.

No one has said anything about berets yet contras wear them, I think. Lots of people don't like shakos but I have seen some with a great plume. It's all the plume when there is wind or turns, that visual thing. Headgear that moves or not? Depends on your corps style and 'signature'.

well, and right there in your day were the Kilt's, who wore the classic tam...and looked awesome!!

My favorite...

king_bhumibol_adulyadej.jpg

I prefer band hats. With the bill tilted back.

Aussies are the best for exhibiting that when explaining to the group how to look "hardcore."

To far back and you are "cowboying"

I prefer any head gear that protects my bald head from the sun.

I prefer any head gear that protects my bald head from the sun.

Boy, I hear you there! WAAAAAYY back when we tried to start Pacific Sound in San Diego, we marched a 4th of July parade in Coronado (with band instruments....the crowd didn't know the diff) and had no headgear.

Had a good time...got home...jumped in the shower...bashed stinky bod...started to lather equally stinky head....hot water and shampoo collide with badly sunburned scalp..............

I think my neighbors heard my scream!