Phantom Regiment hires new drill designer

The good thing about a young drill designer is ..he may be easier to work with for them, and be more, um, malleable in terms of his view of drill and how it will work with the other design elements.

In short, what you're saying is, he'll do what they tell him to do. Just SAY IT!

RM - :beer:

ampssuck

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best wishes for success, Nick and PR!

I wonder what prompted the change? The past two years have, IMO, been there best work since the 96' season.

The press release says that Jamey resigned after three years on the staff.

Before we all read into it and come up with our crazy theories (we never do that!), perhaps it's possible that he resigned because he had other demands on his time that were more important to him (like a full-time job) or that he wanted a break? Just because there's a change doesn't mean there was blood-letting. :)

Yes, He does work with High Schools... Rampart Regiment here in Colorado, and Loveland High school last year, that of which he was fired from for not delivering.

Let me tell you that I'm very worried about Phantom this year... Nick's drill in the past has been nothing short of ameture, redundant, non-musical, and artistically questionable. I spoke to a fellow alum who was considerring writing a letter to the board of directors voicing his inherent concern.

Nick's a great guy, but his drill wasn't good enough for a lonely 4A band in Colorado, how will it be good enough for PR...

Just my thoughts...

Yes, He does work with High Schools... Rampart Regiment here in Colorado, and Loveland High school last year, that of which he was fired from for not delivering.

Let me tell you that I'm very worried about Phantom this year... Nick's drill in the past has been nothing short of ameture, redundant, non-musical, and artistically questionable. I spoke to a fellow alum who was considerring writing a letter to the board of directors voicing his inherent concern.

Nick's a great guy, but his drill wasn't good enough for a lonely 4A band in Colorado, how will it be good enough for PR...

Just my thoughts...

He actually is working with Douglass county this year. Also, I don't think high school bands in Colorado are quite as capable of pulling off difficult drill as compared to Phantom. I've never really seen his drill in the past so you could be right, I would just think that he has to tone his drill down a good bit for some of the bands here

He actually is working with Douglass county this year. Also, I don't think high school bands in Colorado are quite as capable of pulling off difficult drill as compared to Phantom. I've never really seen his drill in the past so you could be right, I would just think that he has to tone his drill down a good bit for some of the bands here

He's working with both Douglas County and Rampart. I can only hope that he dulls his drill down for these high schools because their drill is mediocre at best, and executed in the same manner. I'm just really surprised that he landed this job... with such a world renowned orginization...They must have convidence in his ability. I still can't help but to voice my concern for PR next year as a PR fan.

Best of luck to Nick and PR

Wasn't Rampart the first Colorado band to dethrone Pomona in about 20 years?

Uhhh No. Up until this year Rampart was competing in 4A. Legacy last year was the group that beat Pomona. This year Rampart is competing in 5A and are doing just about average for this time of year for them. They have a show that is shockingly similar to "Criminal"...