Phantom Regiment hires new drill designer

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of us who marched sparticus before this will be interesting, especially with the speed the corps march today. I'm looking for powerful and beautiful music. I also expect them to continue with the running...

PRPhan4ever we should collaborate!

I'm all game! Hope to tour/volunteer w/Regiment this summer so lets get those ideas on paper ! I hope to meet up with you this season! IM me let me know you're details and where we can poss hook up!

I have some great ideas, but I'm sure the Regiment staff & design team does too!

Ohhhhh Gawd I can't wait till June!!!!!!!

-- Trisha (aka: PRPhan4Ever)

I liked the flocking, thought it was the most innovative thing out there this year. It took a bit to clean and you really need the entire corps to be the exact same size to pull it off perfectly, but it was cool. If they visit it again, I’d expect far less of it. It worked down low and up high too, low you just saw a flurry of quick movement as they zipped by and up high, it flocked. So yeah, it didn’t win but so? Judges don’t always get it or agree with me plus their finals show looked pretty weak as compared to their semi-finals show, 20 seconds in, you knew it was not going to be their night, regardless of show design

I don’t get the guard uni thing, to me, it really should never be a negative or cost a corps a title or caption – and without naming names, there were uglier guard unis on corps ahead of them and behind them – at worst, they were blah and ineffective

• 2 weeks later...
I find that very many years... I could care less about the corps that comes in first

To say that nobody cares about the corps who come in second, third, or beyond is to be ignorant

I love all the political correctness that goes on on this board. I never said nobody cares about the other corps, I said nobody cares who comes in 2nd 3rd, etc, as far as the competitive aspect of the activity. History won't be written about the number of times a corps didn't win.

I agree there have been times when the corps that "won" would probably not have been my first choice. But that does not alter history.

RM - :blink:

ampssuck