Bones?

:beer:

:beer: Not the same. That was the corps doing Bones, as part of their show. Most of the time it is an Alumni doing BONES somewhere in the stadium. Usually before a big show, during warmup. It gets the members hyped and the fans nuts. You never know when he is going to turn up.

Wow, do you feel better now?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. A picture of Bones that I've never seen before. Who woulda thunk it?! And one from 1978, no less. That could very well be the first ever documented picture of Bones that exists. Cool!

Gary, it is the first photo of Bones.

Bones started out as a fan of Crossmen who loved the corps so much he made the costume to look like the corps on the field. Over time, alumni & friends fulfilled the role at various venues across the country.

To me, it is the one thing that the corps can look up at and know that all the Crossmen members before them shared the same kind of experience. It also let's them know we (alumni) are there with them if not in spirit.

Now "who" has played the character should never be reveled......just keep the public guessing. B)

Hoppy???

*ducks & runs*

He IS an alum, after all!

That's certainly something to add to a resume:

"Played Bones"

Perhaps he is playing bones still? :beer:

Hoppy???

*ducks & runs*

He IS an alum, after all!

I think that would be very, very cool, no matter what some people think of his ideas. Very cool indeed.

Gary, it is the first photo of Bones.

Bones started out as a fan of Crossmen who loved the corps so much he made the costume to look like the corps on the field. Over time, alumni & friends fulfilled the role at various venues across the country.

To me, it is the one thing that the corps can look up at and know that all the Crossmen members before them shared the same kind of experience. It also let's them know we (alumni) are there with them if not in spirit.

Now "who" has played the character should never be reveled......just keep the public guessing. B)

I heard from a very reliable person that the first Bones was actually someone who tried out for the corps and was cut. He stayed on tour with us as an equipment truck volunteer. He showed up at the 25th anniversary banquet with the original mask. But no one knew whether or not to believe him. I guess we'll never know for sure.

When he/she first appeared in the back stands we all called him the "Fan-Tom" The name bones came first though, we called everything bones back then. I guess as years went by, he/she became Bones as well. There was even a lost dog that we found on tour named Bones and he ended up coming home with us. The dog lived with Archie.

There are a lot of stories about the making of Bones, but in reality, Bones existed in everyone and everything from the beginning. Bones is the essence of the Crossmen!

Edited by xbones7480

I heard from a very reliable person that the first Bones was actually someone who tried out for the corps and was cut. He stayed on tour with us as an equipment truck volunteer. He showed up at the 25th anniversary banquet with the original mask. But no one knew whether or not to believe him. I guess we'll never know for sure.

When he/she first appeared in the back stands we all called him the "Fan-Tom" The name bones came first though, we called everything bones back then. I guess as years went by, he/she became Bones as well. There was even a lost dog that we found on tour named Bones and he ended up coming home with us. The dog lived with Archie.

There are a lot of stories about the making of Bones, but in reality, Bones existed in everyone and everything from the beginning. Bones is the essence of the Crossmen!

I remember that dog! :P You are right xbones7480, I remember we called him the Fan-Tom or Phantom....but like you said, a lot of things in our corps was nicknamed Bones back then. :P

does anyone know what part of J burny crum he/she was at this year? I know in 2006 he was on the building on the hill but this year everyone was looking behind the stands.