Who do you prefer to watch in the lot?

Which section?  

311 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one already!

• Hornline
    • Drumline
    • Guard

I really enjoy watching drum lines in the lot, but, "Once a drummer, always a drummer!" But, if the warm-up lot is off site of the performance, I don't attend the lot. I really "get into it" and feel like I'm almost warming up with them, grooving. etc. I love watching the "smaller" corps lines' as well...lots of talent to be had, that sometimes is hard to notice in the show.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here......there seems to be so many more dline vids online.....go figure ???

I think this is because videos of drumlines are much more appealing than videos of hornlines... just because a hornline live is just light years better than a crappy camcorder's recording. Drumlines retain their visual interest on video much better (and are visually way more interesting to watch warmup anyway)

I think this is because videos of drumlines are much more appealing than videos of hornlines... just because a hornline live is just light years better than a crappy camcorder's recording. Drumlines retain their visual interest on video much better (and are visually way more interesting to watch warmup anyway)

How bout' this for visual interest.

hoverkitten.jpg

Edited by ingenious

How bout' this for visual interest.

hoverkitten.jpg

Dang it, I want a hoverkitten now.

I HATE the lot. It's a warm up area. People don't get super excited about a basketball player shooting his pre-game.

not for basketball, but people do show up for batting practice at a baseball game.

I personally don't miss any corps, so unless you warm up on the lot an hour before show yime, I won't be seeing you. Now when I was a young gun and there were guys that I had previously marched with and now they are in in Phantom, SCV and Garfield out warming up, I loved to go route them on, and wish them well. Today, I watch EVERY corps on the field and wish that lot warm ups would go away. It is really irritating that Pioneer has to have a soft section of music being over ridden by some big dog who can play a loud warm up. I bet if Garfield and the Blue Devils had to go on first and their show was ruined by Spirit warming up to Georgia during the soft ballad, warm ups would be voted out. It used to be that you had a few minutes ON the field PRIOR to starting your show to be used as a warm up, and penalties were assessed for interfering with someones show by making needless noise. Of course now days they won't even assess penalties for an incomplete show ala Cavies and SCV to name a few early park and blow corps.

I seriously doubt that Cadets or BD would vote out warming up. I don't think the results of going hours without playing and then starting the show cold would be very pleasant.

I don’t watch the lot; I don’t really understand why other people do. When I was in the lot, I hated it, it was boring and I was anxious to play. I’ll look at them while I walk by to my seat but the lot… I figure its for the wannbes that never will otherwise they wouldn't