Who do you prefer to watch in the lot?

Which section?  

311 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one already!

• Hornline
    • Drumline
    • Guard

I wasn't expecting this poll result, i watch the drum line.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I wanna watch the horn in the lot cause thats awesome and I know about the difficulty, plus I marched horn, although drumline would be cool to watch, although I've hardly actually seen a drumline in the lot and had time to focus on it.

I guess it all depends on what a person does or did. Same thing with an actual show. A lot of people in the audience tend to focus on the section that they were in when they marched. Nothing wrong with that, it's just human nature, and one of the things that differenciate Drum Corps shows from many sporting events......a large percentage of the fans actually did it.
for the overwhelming ratio of people voting for hornlines over drumlines in this poll, its funny that much more people tend to watch drumlines in the lot. i guess those are the hs drummers who dont use dcp, haha.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...=105789&st=

It seems to me the sort of folks who would vote on this poll, probably are the same folks who voted on that poll. Makes sense to me :)

As for drumline audiences and hornline audiences... this weekend was the first time I have ever seen a bigger crowd for the hornline than for the drumline :P

I personally don't miss any corps, so unless you warm up on the lot an hour before show yime, I won't be seeing you. Now when I was a young gun and there were guys that I had previously marched with and now they are in in Phantom, SCV and Garfield out warming up, I loved to go route them on, and wish them well. Today, I watch EVERY corps on the field and wish that lot warm ups would go away. It is really irritating that Pioneer has to have a soft section of music being over ridden by some big dog who can play a loud warm up. I bet if Garfield and the Blue Devils had to go on first and their show was ruined by Spirit warming up to Georgia during the soft ballad, warm ups would be voted out. It used to be that you had a few minutes ON the field PRIOR to starting your show to be used as a warm up, and penalties were assessed for interfering with someones show by making needless noise. Of course now days they won't even assess penalties for an incomplete show ala Cavies and SCV to name a few early park and blow corps.

I personally don't miss any corps, so unless you warm up on the lot an hour before show yime, I won't be seeing you.

Me too. I have enjoyed many a warm-up by Mandarins, Pacific Crest, Jersey Surf and others more likely to start the night, however. No chance to hear BD, Cadets or Cavies because I'm long in my seat.

If I were king, you'd lose your seat if you preferred the lot to the show. Why should your seat stay vacant? Let someone move in from the cheap seats. You can sit there when you finally show up.

HH

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...=105789&st=

It seems to me the sort of folks who would vote on this poll, probably are the same folks who voted on that poll. Makes sense to me :)

As for drumline audiences and hornline audiences... this weekend was the first time I have ever seen a bigger crowd for the hornline than for the drumline :P

That was my main reason for starting that poll. It seemed like the results for this poll are what they are because of DCP's marching history.

well I'm a horn player and I usually watch whatever catch my eye. It's usually drumline b/c they play more in the lot then they do in the actual show. I watch guards if they catch my eye. Found myself watching vanguard guard warm-ups this summer. Don't watch too many hornline warmups. Probally b/c I'm a horn player and probally would have stabbed my self if I hear another lip slur or chord progression, just gets boring after awhile. But it's the building blocks for a good hornline.

Yeah, go on youtube and type "DCI", seems like most are drumlines in the lot.

I did not expect this poll result.

Same here......there seems to be so many more dline vids online.....go figure ???

I hang with the hornlines the most but do check out the drumlines a bit.

Guards......hmmm.....I used to like watching Dutch Boy's guard warmup back in the late 80's early 90's :doh::doh: