Most Exciting show you have ever seen?

Well, gotta go with Buddy! But, with re: to drum corps...'76 Devs/'75 SCV.

Kellie, Kellie, Kellie

Have you forgotten

BD 1982 Bayonne NJ (Greatest of all time)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1995 Madison Scouts, at Giants Stadium in NJ. Absolutely overwhelming power and energy that night.

My DCI runnerup for this category: 1982 Blue Devils at the Bayonne, NJ, show. Flawless.

Fran

Fran

Glad to see someone else wont forget that night in Bayonne. I taught the corps that year and that night in Bayonne remains one of my most cherished memories up to and including the shower after the show in Bayonne High School!!!!!!!

Edited by O.P.

1982 BD - anywhere. Everywhere.

The only corps I ever sprinted to see. And for those who know me, it ain't easy to get me running.

DCI - Whitewater - 1972

I was 13 and had never seen so many great corps in one show. It was really something special. I remember being blown away by the Kingsmen and Argonne.

1982 BD - anywhere. Everywhere.

The only corps I ever sprinted to see. And for those who know me, it ain't easy to get me running.

And as someone who does know Mr. Nalls, I hereby testify to the affirmative of his aforementioned state.... :laugh:

Fran

Glad to see someone else wont forget that night in Bayonne. I taught the corps that year and that night in Bayonne remains one of my most cherished memories up to and including the shower after the show in Bayonne High School!!!!!!!

Wow.... the Devils were absolutely on fire that night in Bayonne!

It was kind of a coin toss for me between that performance and the one from the Scouts in '95 for the top of my list...... I put the Scouts' performance at the top because they literally stunned me speechless for a brief time at the conclusion of their show that night, with that huge power push in "Malaga."

And for those of you who know me, it ain't often that I'm speechless......LOL

Fran

What is the SINGLE most exciting show you have ever seen?

The corps?

The year?

Why?

Jeez, I could make a case for any number of great performances that I've been fortunate to witness. If I had to choose one though, it would be the Garfield's encore show after winning DCI finals in 1983. When those kids cut it loose with the pressure off, they just blew the place apart!

Fred O.

Single most exciting I ever saw? Wow, that is tough, but 76 Blue Devils in Whitewater - the first time I ever saw them, has to be #1 with 72 Kingsmen #1A. It is hard not to pick one of the 80's Garfield shows, but 83, 84, or 85...how do you choose??!!

The shows I never saw live and wish I could have....75 Vanguard - after seeing the video, I am not convinced they did not win that night! 74 Kingsmen - that show ROCKED THE HOUSE! And of course 74 Muchacho's in Ithaca....Talk about playing their ###e$ off! I did not see 75 Muchachos live either....that too is one that I would have loved to see.

Wow.... the Devils were absolutely on fire that night in Bayonne!

It was kind of a coin toss for me between that performance and the one from the Scouts in '95 for the top of my list...... I put the Scouts' performance at the top because they literally stunned me speechless for a brief time at the conclusion of their show that night, with that huge power push in "Malaga."

And for those of you who know me, it ain't often that I'm speechless......LOL

Fran

Well thanks for remembering. That was one night that validated all that I believed the activty could be. I will never forget how long the Bayonne crowd stood and applauded even after we left the field. High praise from one of the great crowds of DCI.

Jeez, I could make a case for any number of great performances that I've been fortunate to witness. If I had to choose one though, it would be the Garfield's encore show after winning DCI finals in 1983. When those kids cut it loose with the pressure off, they just blew the place apart!

Fred O.

And you can add the encore in 1984 as well. Their Finals performance was not their best, and they really cut loose in the encore. Add the fact that half the lights in the stadium were off to mix, and you have the making of a magical performance. That is still my all time favorite show.