Most Exciting show you have ever seen?

The single most exciting show that I have ever seen is 1995 Madison.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone else mentioned them in here but my single favorite would be the 1974 Hawthorne Muchachos.

Any I manage to see live. You guys don't come to Europe often. But if pushed, I would have to say SCV DCI finals 1979 as I was there when they snuck in the Bottle Dance. The place errupted!

Why don't we go back to pre DCI!

Boston Crusaders 1967, I believe they went 31 and 2 that year. Great show, and introduce Anthony Smith on the double bass, which changed the sound of drum corps.

SKEK in 1963 with the great sound of Voice of the Guns off the line.

1964 Troopers who surprised everyone with the "sunburst" at the World Open. Invited back at night to put on an exhibition at the finals at Hedges Stadium in Bridgeport, Conn.

1970 Boston Crusaders at the tail end of the season when they put it all together at the VFW at Miami!!!

Racine Kilties in 1964 as they floated across Mun. Stad in Cleveland to land the VFW.

The great Royal Airs in 1965 who won the CYO, VFW, and AL What a horn line and did not use Contra Bass, but what a sound!!!

Chicago in 1961 to go undefeated. The foundation of drum corps to build on for future years.

Maybe someone else from the pre DCI years could name some more of the great corps.

CODI

84 Garfield. Superhuman. Followed closely by 83 Garfield. I couldn't believe they topped themselves after the 83 show.

Although this question is on the Junior side of DCP, the original poster didn't specify Jr. or Sr. So, ...

The best drum corps show I ever saw, for sheer excitement, talent, energy, class, and too many more reasons to list, was...

"Picasso Sketchbook" 2002 Syracuse Brigadiers

Favorite Junior show of all time...1974 Muchachos! (No further explaination needed) b**bs

76 Blue Devils

88 Madison Scouts

95 Madison Scouts

03 Blue Devils

Woah.

Edited by dccorpsfan

What is the SINGLE most exciting show you have ever seen?

The corps?

The year?

Why?

Blue Devisl 1980, Clovis HS stadium. Now mind you, I "saw" this from on the field

Chris Nalls might remember this show - we almost fell apart in the gate turns at the end of the show. We BARELY made it to the end together. Not exactly the kind of "exciting" you're asking about, but I never had a "thrill" like that! :worthy: The exact reasons for this phenomenon have long been a mystery....