07 Hornlines

Did anybody like Boston's hornline? Their brass was much improved over the 2006 edition. Honorable mention to them. :-)

Elbows OUT, baby!!!! I enjoyed them very much. Great book. Very good execution.Very reminiscent of 2000. Onward and upward, BAC!!!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crown is doing some wonderful things with their blend and balance. THe power's there, the tech. merrit is approaching elite status. Melody, melody, melody... what a concept.

Am I the only one here who thought SCV's hornline was awesome this year? I can't really list my reasons, mostly because I don't know why I like it so much...it just 'clicked' with me when I listened to it. I mean, wearing noise-canceling headphones, cranking the volume up to the maximum on my laptop, and having that first opening hit blasted right into my ears...good times.

Aside from that, I really like Crown and Phantom's hornlines.

I agree that SCV hornline was very polished. As was pointed out by a post from another forum, I think their key to success was very effective use of dynamics and great blend. The musical show was also very well presented by one of the most coherent pattern drills out there.

Also votes to Crown, Cadets, Phantom, and Blue Coats.

I played with you guys, I can definitely say a big fat "NO" to that

if youre basing your opinion off of america the beautiful, i should hope youd know better than that.

if youre basing your opinion off of america the beautiful, i should hope youd know better than that.

Most valid point ever.