07 Hornlines

assuming it wasn't a bunch of rook-outs :P

I have a bad memory (and I'm too lazy to cross check numbers etc.) but I think there are 38 hornline members that didn't age out this year. (there's 8 people missing from the roster, so possibly 46)

There was a handful of rookouts. However, there were many 16 and 17 year olds this year.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, the only hornlines I saw live this year were BK, Phantom, Troop, Pio, Colts, Blue Stars, Southwind, Pac Crest, SCV and Madison. Out of those I really enjoyed Madison and Blue Stars (this was before I was going to try out for them) From a non-live standpoint, Cadets and Crown. Cadets just had balls.

I was wondering when that was gonna come along.

My favorite hornline goes to Cadets, sans the trumpet kid who narrated most of the show.

Colts had a great hornline this year. Alot of people forget about them, but they sounded very nice at Atlanta.

jkbuwaghef;urqwbfhifg. i dont get it, dcp.

why, in a thread about YOUR FAVORITE HORNLINE, do people need to criticize any hornline at all? its completely irrelevant. 100%. this was a GREAT year for hornlines, there's no valid reason to select one based off of the flaws of others.

ridiculous.

I mean, this IS dcp, so I pretty much expect that...

just wanted to add more. I have alot of favorties.

Bcoats - just all around good....except for some mellos jazz running at the end. nice feet in the sound That's right I stood track level and watched the show in KS. It's wasn't pretty, still love the hornline though.

SCV had a overall well balanced sound. It never got out of control. Probally one of the better hornlines out there this year.

Crown - first hit of the show....holding that notes forever with not breaks or bad sounds......says it all

I'm not gonna lie I watched Xmen from the stands at a TN show....I was REALLY impressed, but I never found you at that show Brian to tell you. Definately was my motivation to rehearse the next day.

Yeah, but it would be nice if the people doing the criticizing have actually marched drum corps.

I think some of those people did actually march.

Anywho, I definitely have to say that Cadets was by far my favorite. Jay Bocook is just a ####### genious with his writing. Those chords, the mello runs, the baritone entrances, MAN!!!! It's just hornline heaven in my opinion.

Yeah, but it would be nice if the people doing the criticizing have actually marched drum corps.

Well, as long as you have a good excuse for being critical. . . :wall: