07 Hornlines

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, the only hornlines I saw live this year were BK, Phantom, Troop, Pio, Colts, Blue Stars, Southwind, Pac Crest, SCV and Madison. Out of those I really enjoyed Madison and Blue Stars (this was before I was going to try out for them) From a non-live standpoint, Cadets and Crown. Cadets just had balls.

1. BD - At the end of the season, they got it right. Back in mid-July, there some very good portions of the show, but it was

definitely not done cookin' yet. The final ending of the show added late in the year is a winner!

2. Bluecoats, Crown, & Phantom - I could listen to any of these 3 play all day.

5. SCV & Cadets

7. Blue Knights

This is because we were so young this year. We had to learn how to get good. There was talk on the ESPN2 broadcast about how young The Cavaliers were, but I think we were younger. Out of the 70 in the hornline, only about 22 were vets.

I remember Mr. Jack Meehan saying a comment about how we had a wall of sound that he hasn't heard from ANY corps since the early 90's!

I'm very proud to be a member of the 2007 Blue Devils hornline!

only 22 vets?!!! Wow!!! Look out 2008!!! I bet the staff is drooling over the possibilites

only 22 vets?!!! Wow!!! Look out 2008!!! I bet the staff is drooling over the possibilites

assuming it wasn't a bunch of rook-outs :P

Agreed. No doubt they were amazing, but I really really enjoyed the sound they got on their King instruments. Still a stellar hornline.

I think this will be remedied next year with the increase in membership to 150. I expect a large percentage of the increase will go towards Crown's low brass...bank on it.

1. Cadets

2. Regiment

3. Crown

BD sounded excellent, but I cannot remember any licks they played, which means I didn't care for their music much.

The Devils won the Jim Ott... certainliy a great brass program.

Not involving scores, or who you would give that Jim Ott to, who was your favorite hornline of the 07 season?

I vote for Cadets and Crown.........