07 Hornlines

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved BD, The Coats, and the Cadets. Early in the season, it was between the Coats and Cadets for me, but by the end of the season, it was BD. They cleaned it up right at the right time, and it made a big difference.

I loved BD's sound. It was really full, probably would be my 3rd favorite hornline. Not saying they were, but it really sounds like their entire book contained the most sustains out of the top hornlines. Towards the end it kinda seemed like chord progressions. At least to my ears.

It should have without a doubt come down to either Cadets or Coats.

wrong thread.

:)

Loved BD, The Coats, and the Cadets. Early in the season, it was between the Coats and Cadets for me, but by the end of the season, it was BD. They cleaned it up right at the right time, and it made a big difference.

This is because we were so young this year. We had to learn how to get good. There was talk on the ESPN2 broadcast about how young The Cavaliers were, but I think we were younger. Out of the 70 in the hornline, only about 22 were vets.

I remember Mr. Jack Meehan saying a comment about how we had a wall of sound that he hasn't heard from ANY corps since the early 90's!

I'm very proud to be a member of the 2007 Blue Devils hornline!

BLUECOATS!!!!! What a horn line. The CD's do not lie. That line was incredible. I think they should have won brass (thought it when I heard it live, and think that after repeated listenings on CD).

Crown was stellar as well.

SCV had an amazing sound this year, and they played a difficult book extremely well.

Phantom had an exciting show, but the tone quality left much to be desired compared to so many other lines.

Cadets were incredible, but not my favorite show.

I'm also loving the Blue Star horn line (yes, I'm biased, but I still think they sound amazing).

I loved our hornline. When I think of what makes a favorite for me, it's balance, skill, and demand. So, as far as that goes, I would say us, and the Cadets. Though, they played a little abrasively now and then as far as my tastes go, the demand and skill level of their hornline was high. I felt like most of the top several, specifically BD and Phantom were very trumpet soaked, not that the Cadets weren't all the time either.

jkbuwaghef;urqwbfhifg. i dont get it, dcp.

why, in a thread about YOUR FAVORITE HORNLINE, do people need to criticize any hornline at all? its completely irrelevant. 100%. this was a GREAT year for hornlines, there's no valid reason to select one based off of the flaws of others.

ridiculous.