07 Hornlines

jkbuwaghef;urqwbfhifg. i dont get it, dcp.

why, in a thread about YOUR FAVORITE HORNLINE, do people need to criticize any hornline at all? its completely irrelevant. 100%. this was a GREAT year for hornlines, there's no valid reason to select one based off of the flaws of others.

ridiculous.

w/Stp:

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bluecoats, Cadets, BK.

w/Stp:

i have to clear something up really quick..

I just had a long conversation with jared_mello .. about the "i'm with stupid" sign toting smiley face...

And it seems that, for the longest time, I thought this smiley represented a resentment towards those used against.. meaning.. i thought that cmathis thought that jared_mello was STUPID..

so i was like.. hey jared... that cmathis guy thinks you're stupid.. and afterwards a long conversation ensued regarding whether or not he actually thought he was trying to say that he's stupid or if he was just agreeing with jareds opinion... jared seems to think that this is a positive response .. and that being called stupid is actually a GOOD thing in this regard and that cmathis merely agrees with jared_mello... which to me presents flawed logic.. how can cmathis think that jared is stupid AND agree with him at the same time.. is cmathis agreeing with jared and choosing to be stupid WITH him? Or is cmathis merely trying to say that jared is stupid and his post is worthy of critisism because it was stupid.

In lieu of my confusion I choose to respond..... my favorite hornline would have to be.... CADETS!...

uhhhhh

^^^

picard.jpg

hahahahahahaha

Edited by siLk

^^^

picard.jpg

hahahaha agreed.

anyway, point is:

im with stupid ------>

on a t-shirt, the emphasis is on the 'with stupid,' as in "im currently with someone stupid and theyre standing in the direction of this arrow." "there is a stupid person to this direction of me."

on dcp, the smilie holding the sign is an adaptation of this figure of speech. the emphasis is on the 'im with.' "i agree with the person i quoted," or "my opinions are with this person."

deeper than i had ever considered, but i could see how someone could be confused. it hadnt ever occured to me before that it would be used negatively. people used to post disclaimers about the "sans stupid" part, but its clearly been ignored for a while.....i assumed that meant everyone already "got it."

:)